SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost points due to moderation

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Support,

About a month ago I had a situation when one of my articles (article A) was removed by a moderator, naturally all associated points were also decreased.

The problem is that by the time of removal I have already published another article (article B) and it also had some associated points, and when article A was removed I also lost all the points associated with article B.

I raised this question with PS forum moderator, but he generally ignored the situation since did nothing specific in relation to article B.

Thank you,

Paulo

18 REPLIES 18

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is article B? If you want help then you should provide a link to the article B so that the people in charge can trace the issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

The article A was "Create a Z-transaction code for PS Budget Availability Control Report"

The article B is Results Analysis - Completed Contract Method (CCM)

And I have discussed it with Mohamed Rafi before.

The points are in the reputation history, but were decreased from the total when article A was removed.

Thank you,

Paulo

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Documents are not linked to each other, a rejected document should not have any effect to the points of another document.  It is the first time that I read about such.

I can see that your document has 4 likes and 2 5star ratings.

I can see that you history shows 5 likes for this document and 1  5star rating.

Since a user can give his own document a rating, which is not eligible for points , I would assume that the 5 points for the rating is okay.

Your expertise section in your history shows that one user had removed his like from one of your documents, so this explains the difference of 5 likes from your history contrary to the 4 in the document itself.

If those points are only showing but not counting cannot be evaluated by me, 

I hope can help you here.

0 Kudos

Yes, the funny part is that the points are showing in the history log.

The removed article was about 12 points in total (article and 1 like), but when it was removed it bounced me back some 25 points.

Technically speaking I cannot associate lost points with a second article, but at that time it was just very much visible, because I had only article points in the recent history.

Is it something that can be tried to be reproduced with a test user?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know about this:

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

No, I was not aware, but still does not fit from math perspective even for the second rejection.

I had my material as a blog, next one moderator asked me to repost it as an article, so it was the same material rejected second time, but even so the penalty would be -5.  Writing for WIS sounds more fair instead of trying to please different moderators without consensus opinion!

Thank you for the link!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see 2 rejected blogs and 1 rejected document in your history

and I see that some discussions where you received 10 points for an answer got rejected too.

I just listing facts, I can't comment on the content of your rejected things as I have no option to see it.

0 Kudos

I was not counting on every such case.  There were people rewarding correct answer and next deleting own post.  There are also people assigning correct answer for own "Thank you" reply...

The new information in your post is the rejected answer marked as Correct, that I'd consider strange behavior (assume by moderator).

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marking your own response as a correct answer does not assign any points. Sometimes we have to do that just to close the discussion.

Rejected content should not be visible, so I'm not sure what you mean by the other comment.

Moderators are people too so they could disagree. Maybe the first moderator was just too polite to let you know that the content was not that great and secretly hoped you'd change it or maybe won't re-post. (Just a wild guess here.)

If the moderator or space editor have their contact information available in the profile you could contact them privately to get some feedback on the content in question. I'm not a PS expert but I could probably also tell you what wasn't up to SCN standards. If, of course, you're interested in improving... My email is the profile.

0 Kudos

You created this blog "Create a Z transaction code for PS Budget Availability control Report" and I got an alert from one of the SAP Mentor(I don't recollect the Mentor name) that, this post is not worthy to be created as a blog/document as you are just showing how to create a  Ztcode for an existing program, So I rejected the blog/document based on the comment from the Mentor, and after few days back again you posted the same document/blog may be with different title and I rejected again and sent you message explaining the reason for it.

Now regarding the rejected post, sometimes we get an alert raised by some user  and if the reason is genuine we reject the thread, even if it is answered. may be you lost some points in it.

0 Kudos

I had a feedback from other moderator to reclass the material from blog post to the article, that was the reason I did posted it second time.  Now it looks like you are the only moderator with a mentor communication channel, but you never did communicated to me the reason for original rejection.  The result is that I was penalized twice for the same material due to "does not matter how I define it", but let us say miscommunication.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo, If you want to investigate further, please contact sapnetwork@sap.com for SCN's offline support. Jason

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

--Audrey

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo, I'm investigating in our activity log. As I see points for likes and like removals associated with two document IDs, 62146 and 62145. I see 62146 is article B. But both were created within a couple of days of each other, so it will help if I can understand the history of document B. I will get in touch via direct message for more details.

Thank you,

Caroleigh

0 Kudos

Hi Caroleigh,

It might be a good idea to include points deductions into the history log too.  Most of time points deductions are difficult to trace for the user and the logic sometime is not obvious.

Thank you,

Paulo

0 Kudos

Your reputation tab is a kind of business card for you, would you really want to show everybody that got reductions? 

Right now you might have the feeling that you got mistreated by a moderator and you want show this to the world. But does really everyone understand the same? Others may just read that you are not performing well and violated the rules several times.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I must agree, that is a very good point... but not everything on your profile is a public information, therefore same can be done with points deductions.  It is a useful information for the owner, but probably not for a bigger audience.

Thank you for consideration,

Paulo

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen and Paulo for sharing your perspective on this. Audrey and I will keep the desire for greater transparency into what impacts your reputation in mind as part of the community relaunch.