Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM 7.1 - ability to check UI fields at different status changes

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I  am relatively new to Solution Manager and ChaRM and I am looking at the possibilty of being able to enhance our current ChaRM 7.1 implementation by being able to make certain fields mandatory at the point of save.

Is this feasible? Is this more a configuration change or can this be accomodated via BADI's?

Appreciate any support/advice you have!!

Gary B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the badi implementation for same as below.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3708051

Regards

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Yes you can do with the standard UI configuration and BADI implementation.

BADI implementation you had leverage to make the fields mandatory with the change of status however standard UI configuration you can make the fields mandatory in beginning.

Mandatory field

Standard UI configuration: Go to Personalization

Go to personalize settings, enable the configuration mode....

Go to settings

Click anywhere on the frame...

Select the field you want to make the mandatory, and then click on show field properties and set mandatory field.

Prerequisite

Copy the business role solmanpro in your own profile (ZSOLMANPRO).

and assign the parameter CRM_UI_PROFILE to value ZSOLMANPRO in su01 parameter.

For more information about the business roles, see below

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/IT+Service+Management+Roles+and+Authorizations

Regards

Rishav

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have set several mandatory at the point of creation of the change request/change document and this is working well.

What I know need to look at is setting further fields as mandatory at the point of save during a user status change - for example changing the user status of a change request from Awaiting Estiamte to Estiamte Complete we need to ensure new UI fields created are populated at the time of save - if not an error message should display.

Regards

Gary B

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It had to be done by ABAP guy.

Check the method IF_EX_CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK~FIELDCHECK , it can resolve your issue.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

Please close the thread, if the issue is resolved

Regards

Rishav