cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set serial number used before

Former Member
0 Kudos

For accouting reasons we had to make a Good Issue moving using some serial numbers, now we are trying to make the good receipt but we got an error message something like "that serial number already exists", the status on database is 1 and we need re enter that inventory, any solution or valid cause for that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you got answer, please close this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SAP are you on?

Are you talking about manufacture serial number or just serial number?

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Business One V9.0 Pl14, and I'm talking about just Serial number

Thanks,

Julián Lozano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not able re produced your scenario on my local test system.

I am on version 9.1 and able to goods issue item with serial number and then Goods receipt same item with same serial numbers.

Contact with SAP support.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi julian,
     if the item is managed by serial no. and On every Transaction then the serial no. window is open on every transaction and we can select or add new serial no. on transaction
Example inventory(that item) is Inward in the ware house then we can add new serial No. and if the item is Outward from the Warehouse then we can Select that Serial No.So i think you that serial no. already exist in the system.so please try to give Different serial No.

Thanks & Regards,
Harshit 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit

Thank you so much for your reply, the problem here is the serial has to be the same, we cannot change it, and the status of it in data base is 1, that means that number is not in the inventory anymore, so we can use it again, isn't it?

So the user made a goods receipt with different serial number (he couldn't make the goods receipt with the original serial numbers) and by the Serial Number Management, he tries to change them but the system drop a error message like "the serial number already exists" again.

if you know something about the reason I'll appreciate all the help you can give me.

Regards,

Julián Lozano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi julian,

you can not update existing serial No.you have a one option is go to the Inventory->inventory transaction-> good issue and first good issue that serial No. and re create new serial no.for that item

thanks & regards,
Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit

Thank yor reply, we've already done that, it was the only way to get work done.

I appreciate the help you gave me. have a good day.

Regards,

Julián Lozano