cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing item level data - setup table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Due to some data changes happened in the ECC sys , we need to load Lo billing item level data (sales org 5000) to BW so some one could explain step by step procedure to complete this.

we are planning to do this in cumming week end and current BW system data flow like below (loading deltas)-

PSA(delta)-> WDSO (delta)-> DSO(delta)->CUBE (delta)
we are planning to do these below actions correct me if need any better solution.
Ecc side -
1. delete the setup tables
2. fill the setup tables.
BW side-
1. run the info package using repair full request (no selection)
2. create new DTP to load WDSO (from PSA) using selection sales org 5000.
3. create new DTP to load DSO (from WDSO) using selection sales org 5000
4. delete the data in cube using selective deletion for sales org 5000.
5. create new DTP to load  to cube (from dso) using selection sales org 5000
Pl advise is there any better solution.
Thanks
Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

Your approach is correct.

Remember to lock all users and stop backgrnd jobs before starting yort tasks. During setup table filling i think if you fill only for sales ord 5000, it will fulfill your needs... your thoughts?

Then at BW repair full to DSO, no need to delete data from DSO since it will overwrite.

Do selective deletion of data from cube(sales org=5000) and load from DSO to cube.

Delta will not be affected sice you will do repair full.

Regards,

AR

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no need to delete data from DSO since it will overwrite.

Do selective deletion of data from cube(sales org=5000) and load from DSO to cube.

If you say it will overwrite the data in standard DSO,then why did you suggest to do selective deletion of  data from cube.

As per my understanding the data will be loaded to cube from change log table of DSO. So if you keep loading the "same data" in DSO again and again then the delta request from DSO to cube will send 0 records.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

absolutely correct........ as same   i tested hour back.

it's simple concept  ......... dear professionals dont be confuse, as we are all aware of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anshu/Bhaskar,

After deleting data from the cube, we will run the repair full, it will not pick delta, am i correct, it will do a full load on the selected sales org, loading all the missing records in cube

We are deleting data from cube so that there is no possibility of overwrite and incorrect values.

Regards,

AR

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

User have multiple sales org data . As per the needs, he is just loading sales org 5000 data only.

At DTP levels there is no repair full request option.

at info pack level only he will load thru repair full request based on sales org 5000

Rest of the data flow will be loaded by asusual delta loads .

thru delta from dso chang log to cube it feeeds 0 reocrds wherer there is no change in record.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raman,

Yes repair full will be at infopackage i am aware of that.... am bit confused in the next levels how the repair full request will be moved from PSA to DSO/Cubes... is it via delta or Full...

Regards,

AR

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thru present deltas it will load. at dso change log will hold changed reocrds. based on that it will send chanegd records to cube which are part of sales org 5000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhaskar

Here are the steps for you incase of reload:

1. Delete and Fill Setup
  2. Run the infopackage (FULL - Selective -> Sales Org 5000)
  3. Selective delete the data from BW Cubes and DSOs for Sales Org 5000.
  4. Run delta DTPs to DSO and CUBE

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dhruv

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While filling setup tables - if have selection on sales org please use it other wise it loads all data and will take more time.

BW Side.

1. Info pack better to use selections on sales org = 5000 and load data thru repair full request.

Remaining  steps you don't need to create new dtps.

From PSA on wards delta load will take care them automatically.

At cube level you can delete data on sales org based before start your loading.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman

Thanks for your response,

I have just checked the sample data load from DSO to cube through delta and i have find correct values.

so I believe no need to delete data in cube as we are loading deltas, pl advise if i am wrong.

thanks

Bhaskar

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming as your cube/dso feeding from one data source only.

we are planned to load data of sales org 5000.

first check at cube level is there any records which have sales org 5000.

if yes then you need to delete them and later follow as suggested above.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman

Whats wrong if we will not deleted the data in cube for sale org 5000, as we are loading through DSO in delta mode.

Thanks

Bhaskar

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your are filling the setup table for the sales orgnisation 5000 you will get the same reocrds into cube

it will added into cube those records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

No need to delete data in ODS as it will overwrite.

Yes, cube is additive but while loading data (delta)  from DSo to Cube it will send 2 images so there is no point to double records in cube.

so it will send - value for old entry along with new record (so old doc will be zero).

DSO - active table

docno   item qty amount

1000       1    10   10000

cube

docno   item qty  amount

If the qty changed to 18 the records will be  loaded to cube from DSO- change log as below-

cube

docno   item qty  amount

1000        1  -10    10000

1000        1   18     10000

In this case no need to delete data in cube, pl advise if it is wrong.

Thanks

Bhaskar

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

data leads to duplication and key fig values will be doubled.

DSO - Over writes but Cube is Additive.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i can confirm it..If you have DSO with all the keyfigures in overwrite mode then you will not have doubled value of keyfigure in cube.Probably that is also one of reason to introduce DSO in the flows,so that we do not have data duplication issues.

Sometimes this happens because of missed deltas or someone deleted the delta request then this DSO approach comes handy.handy. In fact you do not need down time also for the same reason.

You can fill up the setup tables and you can keep running the deltas.You just have to make sure regarding the sequence of request you load to PSA.

First your full request should go and then your existing delta request.

I did it in past for DBM module.User never complained about the data integrity.

Regards,
AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushu

100% agreed ..........

Like these scenarios, If we need to delete data at cube level there is no point of using concept ODS.

Thanks

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raman - we have DSO in front of cube so we believe deletion is not required.

Thanks

Bhaskar

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes besides that it also acts as single point of truth.So better to keep all the data intact in DSO and apply business logic in other provider.

This helps in long run when you have to validate data with ECC systems and as a part of house keeping activity data is deleted from PSA.So your DSO becomes handy.Correct!

Regards,

AL

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets try to test dev system with one existing reocrd(loading) of sales org 5000 at cube.

Based on that you can go ahead.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Just checked in the Q sys, it is loading fine thriugh deltas. so no need to delete data at any level.

Thanks

Bhaskar

Points will assign ..