cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will PS functionality be simplified?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find any mention of Project Systems functionality in relation to simple finance. Is that because it is going to be part of Simple Logistics? It does sit in both places in ERP. Does anyone have any ideas on when it might appear in simplified form in S/4?

Thanks,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor

Hi Steve,

PS can never be Simple PS if we go by the kind of integration it has with all the other modules. May be it is easier to optimise Finance as it receives data from all modules and at the same time it works independently on some of its submodules.

PS has the possibility of integrating from SD, LE, MM, PP, PM, Classification, etc. Looking at the core functionalities which can be triggered from PS, simplifying PS is not a mean task. It will also require the simplification of the way othermodules are integrated with PS and PS is integrated with other modules.

As PS is integrated with all the other modules both forward and backward, I hope it is going to stay like this for some more time. No changes as fast as we expect!

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the issue here should also be understood from technical changes view within the PSmodule, such as reducing the number of tables or changes in functionalities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That and the Fiori-style UI rather than SAPgui. Those are the two things that make up S/4, right? Simplified data model and modern UI.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERP is an integrated system. Everything interacts with everything else. That's not a barrier to simplification. In fact I'd say FI is more integrated than anything and simple finance is first on the list...

Steve.

Chr_Vogler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

as part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition, you can find in the SAP S/4HANA, Cloud Project Services Edition a simplified process for the management of projects.

You can find the description of the processes relating to features in the following links.

https://www.sapdemostore.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Demo_Script_-_S4HANA_Project_and_Engageme...

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't seem to be able to access that document. Is it just me?

I'm particularly interested in the financials aspects of PS rather than the project management functionality. We use project accounting quite heavily and I'm trying to find out when/if that might get the "Simple" treatment. In particular, we have some customisations in PS and I'd like to plan for when we might need to abandon those, or translate them to something else. I presume we'd need to do that in order to take advantage of "simplified" (in the S/4 sense) functionality.

Steve.

Chr_Vogler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the context of SAP S/4HANA,
we will deliver in Q1 (Beta) and Q2 (GA) an S/4 Public Cloud version consisting
of 10 simple end2end core processes in the areas of finance, logistics,
procurement, customer engagement and professional services.

Customers can choose between two products:

• Simple Project Business (Professional Services)
  • Simple Marketing (Hybris)

In the customer engagement and professional services you will find simplified process concerning the Project Based Services with the following features:

• Time based customer projects
  • My Timesheet
  • Project Purchasing
  • Invoicing Processing
  • Project Billing
  • Project Monitoring
  • Project Accounting
  • Cost Calculation
  • Resource staffing (internal)

The SAP S/4HANA proposed solution does not replace yet the PS solution, but provide simplified processes for Project Based Services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so the existing PS functionality in ERP will not be replaced anytime soon, but there will be parallel functionality for some projects-related stuff? Is that right?

Thanks,

Steve.

Chr_Vogler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes.

The scope is not the same as PS, and you have the FIORI screens .

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know if the existing PS functionality will ever be simplified, or are these new products intended to be a replacement?

Steve.

Chr_Vogler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

concerning future development, please consult the Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA on the Service Marketplace:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...&

krishnakishore_gaddam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The existing PS functionality will remain same and there will be an add-on on top of the existing PS structure on HANA DB. Your normal SAP ECC screens will remain same and in addition to that you will be having SAP FIORI screens to connect from any Gadget (mobile, tab, etc.,). Ultimately you can view your transaction through normal ECC GUI though you post it from FIORI.

Regards,

Krishna Kishore