cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED ASSETS-Problem with fiscal year change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I face a problem in fixed assets module. I have some fixed assets that after fiscal change don't transfer any of their values or depreciation parameters in new fiscal year.

These have been imported into the system by Data Import for Fixed Assets.

Fixed assets that have been purchased during the previous fiscal year and were not imported are ok!!

I attached 2 pictures from assets master data one for 2014 and one for 2015.

My version is SAP Business One 9.0 (9.02.220) PL: 12  (32-bit)

0 Kudos

Hi Partner in SAPBOne,

I face exactly same problem with you now in beginning of 2023,

Could you please tell me what was you did at that moment?

I really need how to solve this case, I see your photo, the situation is same,

Thank you,

former_member27
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi yoearv01.

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since you're asking a question here for the first time please note that:

You are adding a comment to an old post that is not likely to get an answer.

I suggest starting a new question and following these guidelines:

I recommend that you familiarize yourself with: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

For example, you can:

- outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)

- share screenshots of what you've seen/done

- make sure you've applied the appropriate tags

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to respond. Feel free to also take our Q&A tutorial at: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

if you're interested in connecting with community members, please pay a visit to our new Welcome Corner thread with advice from our champions. You'll need to sign up, but it's a great way to interact with peers and get to know other experts!

https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/welcome-corner-discussions/advice-from-sap-champions-questions-a...

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html

Regards,

Dedi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello,

I found the solution for my problem. There was a message i hadn't noticed "Specify valid from".

I had linked fixed assets with cost centers without specifing date from and this crashed the whole process of fiscal year change.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fiscal year change is fine. All you need to run Depreciation run in order to  view detail in fixed asset item master data. Select last year period and run depreciation.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your immediate response.

Depreciation run does not even consider this asset although it has value that has to be depreciated.

Regards,

Kalliopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please select appropriate period in depreciation run. You can able to view that item.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I select the appropriate period in depreciation run.

It does not display this item. I attached one picture with the screen in Depreciation Run and you

can see the items that are to be depreciated but this is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any depreciation run for this item before?

Please check depreciation type linked in fixed asset.

open depreciation type and check valid period.

change depreciation type in asset master and check if it is coming to depreciation run or not. You can change it back to normal before running depreciation run.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes there is one depreciation run for this item as you can see from the picture below.

After this depreciation, we changed fiscal year and the initial problem occured. (The one for which i created this topic).

The depreciation type in this item has not changed between fiscal year change. It's the same!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I suggest you to change depreciation type for problematic fixed asset just to check if item is picking in depreciation run or not.

You can change depreciation type back to previous type once your problem solved.

Also if you can post screen shot of depreciation type which is linked to that fixed asset.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

In this image i can change the depreciation type.

But in this scenario(after changing fiscal year) i can't change anything in Depreciation Parameters. It is freezed.

I changed Depreciation type in fiscal year 2014 but still no result.

In the below image you can see the depreciation type.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change depreciation type in year 2014 in that fixed asset. update record. then go to depreciation run and check if that item picked up or not.

If it is picking that entry then go back to item and change it back to original depreciation type. and investigate further what's wrong.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chintan,

I did all of these you suggested but unfortunately without result.

Thank you,

Kalliopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to solve your problem all possible way. As I don't have access to your system. Contact SAP support in order to solve issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Chintan