cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to treat a Software in PM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gents,

I am having one requirement from client on Software part. My client is dealing with IT services, they do internal maintenance of hardware and software.

More than the hardware part they work on software. For hardware issues, they have warranty so that vendor takes care of hardware issues, but for software IT department is responsible and also book the cost for the software on which they work. They are also maintaining the cost/ repair history of the software.

Eg:- In server they have installed 10 software, now each individual is working with different software. They are booking the cost on particular software but not on the installed server.

As per my knowledge, an equipment or an assembly does the work of it, but ideally software are not meant to be a equipment or an assembly.

Now my question is how I need to treat this software as..?

Regards,

Dileep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dilip,

You can create computer as a functional location & in that you can add the multiple software's as a equipment.

~

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your reply. Is there any other alternative solution to map this scenario because client does not want the software to treat like equipment as it is not a physical object.

Regards,

Dileep

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dileep,

In such case, In my view  the discussion space changes. It flows into Material Management. Where the Software services will be coded as Service Master and the service procurements will be managed through Purchase requisition, Purchase Order and Service Entry sheets.

KJogeswaraRao

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

without knowing if SAP provides any special solution for this software service, I'd suggest to use equipments for the various softwares, which are serviced by the IT department.

If your requirement is to evaluate the cost per service order or the total cost in a certain period for a certain software, then you can do this by equipments in PM/CS.

Regards,

P.