cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Issue while determining Batch

0 Kudos

At the initial stage we maintain the total shelf life is 35 months and batch was produced.
Production date - 22.08.2012... Expiry date is 07.2015 which is correct. After certain period we change the total shelf life is 23 month. as per this the new value of expiry should be 07.2014 but it should not change for existing batch.
Now for old batches system is showing the product as expired which is not expired, please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi sudhir,

What you said is correct.

But my clients requirement is a old batch is already there which has 36 months shelf life.

But at a later point the management decided to maintain 24 months as shelf life.

So now when i create goods receipt it is determining 24 months i.e 2014 as expiry which is wrong because the batch was maintained for shelf life 36 months i.e 2015

And it is maintained in the material physically. So the stocks that are already having 36 months expiry and were there now it is automatically replicated by 24 months expiry.

How to check this scenario.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmoya Nanda,

If I am not wrong,

For example:- batch Determination

Batch 1:- Material A having Expiry date with 36 months

Bath 2:- Material A will have expiry date with 24 months,

Automatic batch determination will have new batches each time with the expiry dates. Even when you change the batch expiry date it should affect only the current batch and not the earlier one. The PP manufacturing team should be having an option of maintaining the same. Can you check with the PP consultant too.

Or is my understanding wrong.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate your requirement, if its

Production date - 22.08.2012... Expiry date is 07.2015 which is correct. After certain period we change the total shelf life is 23 month. as per this the new value of expiry should be 07.2014

07, 2014 should be shown as Expired which is also correct right?

Sudhir