Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sapgui 7.30

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

i've a little problem with sapgui 730, and i'm the only one thay has it.

When i check view additional data B on va01/02/03, i see the view cutted, and all the right part is missing.

if i use another pc, the view looks right.

any ideas?

Best regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

no way...i've unistalled sapgui again, deleted temporary files/folders but i still have the problem.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the issue is only on your workstation, check your profile in SU01. Any differences here than another user?

If yes, delete your settings, - take a screenshot incase you need to restore them.

Jude

ramin_komilian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,
did you have install the GUI from CD or from Server?
if from Server
    then please run "check SAP GUI Installtion" on server
       do you get the same error?
         if yes,
           then press the button "repair metadata" in "SAP Installtion Server Administation"

BR, ramin

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ramin

i've installed Sap Gui from CD ( exe file downloaded from marketplace )

Marco

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

How many SAPGUI users does your organization have? Usually the system administrator sets up an "Installation Server" with all the right components preconfigured, and then all the SAPGUIs on workstations are installed from that Installation Server. This helps to avoid many issues with obsolete, conflicting, or unnecessary components, and to keep all the installations standard (and easy to repair or reinstall, as well). If you only have a handful of users (say, five), then manually installing each workstation might make sense, but beyond this number I would always recommend an Installation Server.

The tool that Ramin and Jude are referring to, NwSapSetupAdmin, is the administration tool for the Installation Server.

--Matt

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Matt is correct.

SAPSETUP90P1SP00P is only if you have created an installation server

If you have a single install, then just remove the gui using the command

from the start menu

1)Go to  START -> Run and type the command

nwsapsetup /uninstall /all /nodlg /force

2) If they exist, delete the folders

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sap Shared

3) Delete all other folders where the sapgui was installed

C:\Program files\SAP\Frontend

C:\Program Files\SAP\Business Explorer

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SAP Front End

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Business

Explorer

4) Reboot the PC

5) Reinstall the GUI again,(make sure you right-click on your setup and select "run as administrator".

Jude

ramin_komilian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,
please use the button "Repair Metadata" and check the behavior again

BR, ramin

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ramin

i can't install NWSapsetup, so i don't know where find the button "repair metadata"

Thanks for your assistance

Marco

ramin_komilian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,
did you installed NWSapsetup Patch version 59?

BR, ramin

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramin

I really don't know what this NWSapSetup is..

How can i do it?

BR

Marco

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

If you have access to the servicemarketplace, to to support/sap/com/patches.

in the "search for software"  box (red magnifying glass), type in "sapsetup".

The most recent version is SAPSETUP90P1SP00P

Download this, and run in your nwsapsetupadmin -> Patch server -> and point to

SAPSETUP90P1SP00P.exe

Jude

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jude,

i've this message:

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

More than likely, a reinstall of the sapgui should fix this.

Make sure you are using the same patch as the other PC which works.

Regards.

Jude

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

Thaks for your reply.

I've already reinstalled sapgui with higher patch level (12) but it's doesn't works.

now i've installed 740 patch 1 and it's the same...can be something with java?

Regards

Marco

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

I have no idea regarding java.

Have you run an install check on the GUI (start -> run -> nwcheckworkstation)

it should create a report stating if there are errors or not.

Jude

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jude

I can't find out the nwcheckworkstation....how can i run it?

Anyway, i changed them with the new blue crystal them, and now i can see all the view.

I don't know what can be, this thing is making me crazy!!

Marco

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

Another way to get to the nwcheckworkstation is through the SAPLogon Options dialog. Open SAPLogon, click on:

Then select Options. In the Options dialog, choose the System Information folder, then click the button for Check SAP GUI Installation.

I have noticed that some themes react to certain older transactions in different ways. We have had the most luck in 7.30 with the Signature theme.

You mentioned Java. Are you using the Java GUI? Or the Windows GUI? If it's the Windows GUI, Java shouldn't have anything to do with it.

There also could be something at the operating system level -- a difference in patch levels, for instance, or video driver -- that is causing the problem. It would be worthwhile to run Windows Update and make sure you're fully patched up.

Regards,

Matt

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

i've preformed a check: here the errors:

Action-TypeStateErrorSourceDestinationError-Code
FileWorkstation CheckCurrent timestamp: 10.12.2014 01:55:12, expected timestamp: 10.12.2014 01:53:28.

PE Image file hashes do not match. Current hash: SHA-256:8b192bcaa0383cfdc8f73b181b241b540d509e5e65b0fe37515efcef42414d4c, expected hash: SHA-256:1f32d66a58b0c77354981bc87b723e1e4ad3ae925e5f45ec593a1059027e1bd6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAP Shared\saplgmgr2.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAP Shared\saplgmgr2.dll0x8007362e
ComponentWorkstation CheckComponent $CoreGUI Files is in error. It has not been successfully installed.{4FA50AAA-25C2-4829-B605-D2F2E0FD0401}

0x80004005

How can i fix it?

I've already unistalled and re-installed the GUI.

Thanks

Marco

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, well, it looks to me like you have a mix of 7.40 and 7.30 GUI components installed. I'm not certain, but I believe saplgmgr2.dll is a component newly introduced with 7.40. It probably shouldn't be there for a 7.30 installation.

I think you need to do more than just uninstall and reinstall. I think you need to completely wipe all traces of the GUI from your workstation, then reinstall from a known-good source. I gave some hints on how to do this for someone else in my response to . In my case, I built a VBscript for troubleshooting purposes that does this, so when I run into intractable issues with a workstation I can completely wipe all SAP components off it, but you can manually do the same.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh wait, I just recalled that you said you tried updating to 7.40 when troubleshooting. Ok, that explains that. Still, I think you should wipe it and reinstall 7.30 with the same patch level as the other, working workstations.