Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove "create new session" button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am displaying my output in ALV screen with some custom events (button) on application toolbar.I want to remove the buttons like "create new session" , "generate a shortcut" which is located on top second column ( default sap buttons) ,

I wish to remove those button by using  badi or  exits . is this possible to remove those buttons on my output screen??

please let me know  is this possible or not??

if it possible please guide me..

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

So you are trying to hide the main SAP screen buttons like "Create Shortcut" and "new seesion

What is the business requirement behind such change ?

This is possible but this would be system wide change.

Regards

Sandy

6 REPLIES 6

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

So you are trying to hide the main SAP screen buttons like "Create Shortcut" and "new seesion

What is the business requirement behind such change ?

This is possible but this would be system wide change.

Regards

Sandy

0 Kudos

Hi sandy,

thanks for your suggestion.

is there any way to disable those button by exits.??

0 Kudos

Hi Sazees

I have looked on OSS Service place as well. I dont think there is a any BADI or Userexit to do so.'

But what is the business requirement regarding hiding these buttons.

You can download the ALV output as excel and email it to business user.

Regards

Sandy

0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your effort Sandy.

my requirement is my client should  not use the new session on output page.

may be if I can able to limit the number of session creating by that icon is also useful for me.

Phillip_Morgan
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can probably do this through GuiXT. (not sure)

Another option, if your system has all the prerequisites, is Personas. From the presentations I have seen, you can configure the Gui as you like.

Limiting the sessions is an idea but I think this is done system-wide and requires a restart of the SAP instance.

0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

thanks for your suggestion,

I taught of doing exits and badi for particular user but from your and all our friends suggestion i came to know its not possible.

so at the end I conclude to limit the number of session creation by rz11 or rz10.

thank you Phillip and also thanks for Sandy.