cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Parellisation in SAP Netwaver gateway.

Surekha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having issue of performance in SAP Netwaver Gateway.

So i have done configuration of batch parallelisation in SAP netwaver gateway system.

The netwaver gateway system having component NW release 7.4 SP08.

When i checked with batch operation system calls to backend system ,It's seems that system sending multiple call to backend system.

If anything missing let me know.

Thanks

Surekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surekha,

That is how BATCH works for now.

You can process everything in one call in SP 09.

Refer ->

Regards,

Ashwin

Surekha
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

As in the link they have mentioned like below

Performance Improvements on $batch (Change Set at Once/Change Set in Defer Mode)

From SP08 onwards the $batch processing has been improved to send all batch operations via only one RFC to backend and supports a parallelization of queries based on the batch configuration in a backend system.

So i am having confusion that it's mentioned that SP08 onwards performance improved  and we can send all batch operation via RFC.

Also in which system we need to configure batch parellisation(Backend/SAP Netwaever Gateway)

Thanks

Surekha

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surekha,

the BATCH improvement in SP8 can be found in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51618.

It says "In the newer support package stacks described above only one RFC is used to send all operations contained in a batch request to the backend system (batch at once)". As per my understanding of this statement, previously there uses to be more calls between the Gateway HUB and the Backed. The SP8 development address this issue and improves the overall performance  by one RFC. This is a runtime behavior improvement.

As you have mentioned "It's seems that system sending multiple call to backend system.", I would like to know, how do you know that there are multiple calls? Where do you debug to identify this behavior.

In BATCH operations fromSP9 onwards, there is another improvement in changeset processing. now you can collect the changeset details in method CHANGESET_PROCESS of your DPC_EXT and process them in one shot. However this is not due to the RFC improvement specified above. read morea bout it from http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57113. You may notice in normal batch  scenario, your individual methods for CREATE-UPDATE etc are called again and again for the operations in one change set. but do not consider this as  "multiple call to backend system". Of course you can avoid it by implementing method  PROCESS CHANGEST available in SP9 onwards.

Regards,

Atanu

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to set the Palatalization at the following SPRO node in the Backed system

SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway Service Enablement -> Backend OData Channel -> Configuration Settings -> Define Parallelization of Batch Queries.

Refer to  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51618

section Performance Improvement: $batch Parallelization

Surekha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

As i have debug in the system and it's shown that calls to system goes twice .

As i tried for Defining parallelization of Batch Queries in backend and its seems that the backend system don't have below path

SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway Service Enablement -> Backend OData Channel -> Configuration Settings -> Define Parallelization of Batch Queries.

My Landscape is  like below

1. BAckend ECC

2. Netwaver Gateway.

As the config for Defining  Parallelization of Batch Queries i am able to find in SAP NW gateway system.

So is there anything which is missing on BACKEND System

Thanks

Surekha