cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to deactivate to cost plant field once the value is entered and saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1) Is it possible to disable the cost plan field once the value is entered and saved .

I had used the T-Code BS22 to deactivate the field where in once the budget is entered (CJ30) and saved  no further changes can be made to the budget.

Kindly guide me .

Regards

Suvin.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suvin,

In my opinion it is a bit strange requirement.  First of all I am not clear how the cost plan corresponds to the budget.

Secondly, what happens if business user makes a mistake or typo, it will be impossible to correct the value after save.

I think you need to start from a common requirement description before trying to find a technical solution.  Quite often solution can be on a process side and not on the system side.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

You got it wrong , Budget part I mentioned that I was able to make the field uneditable using tcode BS22, Same way is it possible to make the field un editable once the value is entered and saved so that end user does not make any changes in the existing plan and that he can make a revision of the cost plan and make changes over there.

Regards

Suvin.S

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suvin,

If you are trying to organise the process to track change documents for project cost/revenue planning I can suggest you looking at claims management process that is common for engineering and construction industry.

For the user status management you might find helpful this article:

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you create an user status. Select object types as WBS element and there are certain business transaction related to budget like budget supplement, return, transfer, budgeting.

Just make them forbidden and set the user status on WBS elements.

Regards,

Amit