Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of PCo 15.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to install SAP PCo 15.0.

As per the installation guide, as a pre-requisite to installating PCo program, I need to install the agents at first place like

Citect

ODBC

OLEDB

OPC A&E

OPC DA

OPC HDA

OPC-UA

My query is do I need to install all the agents manually or the PCo installer will install all the agents if I go for a complete installation and not a custom one.

In case I need to install the agents manually, could you all please help me with the links from where the agent programs could be downloaded and installed?

Thanks,

Nabanita Sen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nikhil_Makhija
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabanita,

While Installing PCo 15.0 , Installation will show you all the available agents . You can manually select shown as checkboxes  as per your requirement  or all and it will install the selected ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply.

But as per the installation guide, they have mentioned that we need to move the .dll files of the agents before proceeding to install the PCo program.

Thanks,

Nabanita Sen

Nikhil_Makhija
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabanita,

Some time back I  installed PCo 2.3 with HDA agent and it worked fine without installing any explicit dll file for that .I am not sure if that's the case for all the agents .

Currently I do not have access to PCo to try .May be other members  mention their experience related to this.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabanita,

PCo 15.0 contains all the necessary Source Agent components for the following:

All OPC Agents (requires a separate OPC DA, OPC UA, or OPC HDA server to actually connect to)

File Monitor Agent

Modbus Agent

For all other Source Agents, you will need to install the vendor's components to allow PCo to connect to that vendor's software.  Each vendor (CiTect, OSISoft, ODBC, OLEDB, etc.) has specific installation requirements that are defined in the PCo Installation guide.  You do NOT need to install additional vendor-specific Source Agents unless you intend to use them in your scenario; if you install them and try to configure them without the associated vendor components, you will get errors.

You can individually select which Source Agents to install or keep when you install or update PCo.

Regards, Steve