cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy error during import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are doing heterogeneous system copy import. during the phase create database schema, we are getting the below error.

bad entry in the init.ora file bad parameter value starts with '=' or white space or contains '('or')'. line 12 near string ',')

checked the init.ora file under /oracle/sid/11204/database, I am not able to find anything wrong with the file.

Could you pls help me to resolve the issue.

BR-Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav/salome,

Pls find the init.ora file . Could you pls suggest if there is anything wrong with the init.ora file or if any

fp3.__oracle_base='H:\oracle'#ORACLE_BASE set from environment

*._B_TREE_BITMAP_PLANS=FALSE

*._IN_MEMORY_UNDO=FALSE

*._INDEX_JOIN_ENABLED=FALSE

*._OPTIM_PEEK_USER_BINDS=FALSE

*._OPTIMIZER_MJC_ENABLED=FALSE

*._SORT_ELIMINATION_COST_RATIO=10

*._TABLE_LOOKUP_PREFETCH_SIZE=0

*.audit_file_dest='G:\oracle\FP3\saptrace\audit'

*.compatible='11.2.0'

*.control_file_record_keep_time=30

*.control_files='G:\oracle\FP3\origlogA\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf','G:\oracle\FP3\origlogB\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf','G:\oracle\FP3\sapdata1\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf'

*.db_block_size=8192

*.db_cache_size=2573362790

*.db_files=2000

*.db_name='FP3'

*.db_recovery_file_dest='G:\oracle\FP3\oraflash'

*.db_recovery_file_dest_size=30000M

*.diagnostic_dest='G:\oracle\FP3\saptrace'

*.FILESYSTEMIO_OPTIONS='setall'

*.log_archive_dest_1='LOCATION=G:\oracle\FP3\oraarch\FP3arch'

*.log_archive_format='%t_%s_%r.dbf'

*.log_checkpoints_to_alert=true

*.max_dump_file_size='20000'

*.open_cursors=2000

*.parallel_execution_message_size=16384

*.parallel_threads_per_cpu=1

*.pga_aggregate_target=629145600

*.processes=230

*.query_rewrite_enabled='false'

*.recyclebin='off'

*.remote_login_passwordfile='exclusive'

*.remote_os_authent=true

*.replication_dependency_tracking=false

*.sessions=460

*.shared_pool_size=2573362790

*.star_transformation_enabled='true'

*.undo_tablespace='PSAPUNDO'

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

*.control_files='G:\oracle\FP3\origlogA\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf','G:\oracle\FP3\origlogB\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf','G:\oracle\FP3\sapdata1\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf'

Please make it in single line instead line break & check again.

Regards,

salome_szanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,
Check if there is no enter/line break somewhere in the line of "control file = ". Also test if by puting all the ontrol files into bracket "("  it works or not.

*.control_files=('G:\oracle\FP3\origlogA\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf','G:\oracle\FP3\origlogB\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf','G:\oracle\FP3\sapdata1\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf')

Regards,
Salome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Its already in single line na. Could you pls let me know in detail if I am wrong

BR - Manoj

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My means was there should not be any break in this line,should be in a straight single line as like

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

The message indicates that something is wrong at line 12 (in the line of "control file = "). You also check if puting the control files into bracket "(" helps or not.

You can also check the below threads:

System copy error of init.ora

System Copy/ Oracle Backup/Restore as part of moving from 32-bit to 64-bit

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salome,

I am not able to set the control_files parameter into bracket and " . alter command not allowing.

How can I set the control_files with () and ""

Pls advice.

BR-Manoj

salome_szanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could you simply edit init.ora with '()' and create an spfile from it afterward.
Just make a backup of your parameter file first.

Regards,
Salome

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

If still issue persists then check for the correct permissions for the file or best would be to regenerate it again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have manually added ( )and " to control_files parameter, that issue was resolved but giving error at import ABAP phase as below,

R3load.exe -testt connect exits with error code 2.

thanks all

BR-Manoj

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share R3load.exe.log file /

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Listner service was stopped at that time and I have started, now ABAP import phase is running.

BR - Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biborka,

As suggested in the above posts, I have tried to modify the control_files parameter as below.

SQL> alter system set control_files=("G:\oracle\FP3\origlogA\cntrl\cntrlPTQ.dbf","G:\oracle\FP3\origlogA\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf","G:\oracle\FP3\origlogB\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf","G:\oracle\FP3\sapdata1\cntrl\cntrlFP3.dbf") scope=spfile;

But its not allowing to modify with ( ).

I have tried without () and with double quote ". Its altered but in alertFP3.log its showing as earlier i.e with single quote '.

Could you pls help me to resolve this.

BR-Manoj

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to space limitations (width) not able to maintain it in straight single line.Kindly maintain same at your end.

Thanks,

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

bad entry in the init.ora file bad parameter value starts with '=' or white space or contains '('or')'. line 12 near string ',')

This inidcates that something is wrong at line 12. Could you please check your init<sid>.ora file at line 12?

You can also check the below threads:
System copy error of init.ora
System Copy/ Oracle Backup/Restore as part of moving from 32-bit to 64-bit

Regards,

Bíborka

salome_szanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Make sure there is no line break for each parameter in init.ora. Also the ' characters must be closed.

Regards,
Salome

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

bad entry in the init.ora file bad parameter value starts with '=' or white space or contains '('or')'.

Could you share init.ora file ? Also check for any unwanted space under the file during parameter specifications.

Regards,