cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG - CVI for customer - External number ranges

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created an External number range E1 for Customer Type - A and a different External number range E2 for business partner. In the CVI configuration "Define number assignment for direction Customer to BP" we are trying to assign BP group to Customer account A but getting error message "you are only permitted to use grouping E2 with identical numbers".

Question: Can we use different external number ranges in this scenario, if yes how?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anju,

I am not sure why you need different number ranges for BP and Customer,usually it not a good idea.

the movement you use CVI integration and Define number assignment for direction Customer to BP.system will check the number ranges in this case it has to be same number ranges.

It has to be same number ranges,Please check the below link.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you for your helpful inputs. The external number range used for customer account A falls under BP internal number range used for other account groups and master data records are already loaded for customer account A. So I was looking for a workaround to make it work (Customer account A creation through MDG).

However I now understand that this scenario is not feasible. I also tried combination BP internal number range with Customer account A external number range (with same number and without same number) but Customer field is not editable on the form. After browsing through the post I understand its not supported in 6.1 for Customer like UI. I believe only option is to use external BP + external Customer with same number range. Marking this post answered as i got the info needed. Please share if you have any other inputs regarding this.

Regards,

Anuj

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I use different number ranges - the ones that are defined for BP and Vendor Account Groups should match though. Then the External / Internal status should be also set if you're planning to have the same number for the Supplier. This means that since you start from BP -> Supplier, you'll have to have BP-external, Supplier - external.

If you're using Internal, it should be BP- internal, Supplier - external.

The BP grouping drives this assignment.

Cheers,

Boris