cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Standard SAP Fiori Themes in Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I created a custom theme with the company logo. This custom theme is based on the standard SAP Blue Crystal theme. Applied to Fiori Launchpad using the URL parameter sap-theme and it works well.

One additional requirement is to prevent the users from selecting the standard SAP themes from the user preferences option in the launchpad. I would like out know if there is an option to filter out all the standard SAP themes from the User Preferences.

I debugged the INTEROP service and found that the themes are loaded based out of a JSON file and parsed. Later all the themes that are not applicable to SAPUI5M theme are deleted. This leaves us with 1) Custom Theme we created 2) SAP Blue Crystal Theme (standard) 3) High Contrast Theme (Standard). One option is to write an implicit enhancement to filter the records that we want but this is not the cleanest approach.

Looking for ideas from the group.

Thanks in advance.

Vinay Kanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Oliver_Baer
Explorer

Hi, I found an easy solution:

you can enhance the local class "lcl_db_accessor" method "lif_db_accessor~get_theme" in class "/UI2/CL_EDM_DA_INTEROP_THM_00", in my example I just hide all SAP-Standard-Themes, but you can also be more creative 🙂

DELETE themes WHERE theme_vendor = 'SAP'.

Have fun!

Oliver

Oliver_Baer
Explorer
0 Kudos
There is also a new FLP-Parameter "THEMING_HIDE_SAP_THEMES" that can be set to "true" in transaction "/UI2/FLP_CUS_CONF".
mabujan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel/Frank

How do you restrict the themes that are available for users to choose?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos

@Frank: How would we know when this change is available? Can you direct me to the link where i can review the latest changes coming in for FIORI/FLP.

frank_gales
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

new features/changes will be included in the release notes.

E.g. What's New in SAP Fiori Launchpad - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

Best regards,

Frank

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank Gales do you have a more direct link to this solution? I am looking for this exact solution (to filter out SAP themes and only show custom themes) and google isnt cutting it for me.

Cheers,

Nigel

cc Simon Kemp

Karthik_Gali
Participant
0 Kudos

@frank gales is there any update on this topic ?

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagur,

Please consider my answer to this thread.

I believe that a possible way to avoid FLP theme changing may be through disabling end user personalization.

Regards,

Vicente

former_member612176
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I think the issue is that we still want personalisation to be active, allowing the user to choose between 2 or more custom themes, but excluding the SAP standard blue crystal and high contrast theme from the list. If you de-activate personalisation, the user will not be able to choose another custom theme. The only way I found around this issue was to temporarily create an implicit enhancement in method /UI2/CL_GW_ABSTARCT_DP->GET_ENTITYSET and removed the 2 sap standard entries, leaving my 2 custom themes.

Based on Frank Gales's comment above, a Standard solution is being currently being looked at by SAP.

Regards

Jandrie

former_member612176
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I also have the same issue. We have two custom themes, a dark theme and a light theme, so we still want the user to be able to choose either light or dark, so we can not simply disable personalisation. It is however showing up with with 4 themes, dark, light, blue crystal and high contrast. We want to get rid of blue crystal and high contrast.

frank_gales
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is currently not possible to not have the SAP standard themes in the theme list.

The request for this was recently raised via our product management.

Best regards,

Frank Gales - SAP Fiori Launchpad - Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi do you have any update on this?

frank_gales
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

it still holds true that it is not possible to not have the SAP standard themes in the theme list.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagur,

Did you get a solution for this? I am also looking for a way to control the themes that are displayed to a user, for example I do not want the user to be able to select the standard SAP theme.

Sure we can disable the option, but that means they cannot choose any theme (sledgehammer approach), surely there must be some way to assign themes based on user/role.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I want to disable the option of the User Preferences from my Fiori Launchpad. As you have mentioned that we surely can disable it. I tried as per the several blogs but could not achieved it as of now.

Kindly help.

Regards

Parth

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can disable the end user personalization

http://help.sap-ag.de/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/de/61/07ee41f89a43c9af0aa279fe039cca/content.htm?framese...

caution - disable the personalization using configuration file, not directly in the launchpad.html ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip

I want to disable the User Personalisation option from my Fiori Launchpad. How can I edit the configuration file? Following is the personalization.json file. Kindly guide.

{

"documentation": {

"description" : "This sample configuration disables the ability to personalize the homepage (e.g. move tiles, create groups)",

"configURL" :"https://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json",

"startupURL" : "https://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=<client>&sap-ushell-config-url=cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json",

"localStartupURL" : "http://localhost:8080/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-ushell-config-ur..."

},

"renderers": {

"fiori2" : {

"componentData": {

"config": {

"enablePersonalization": false,

"enableTagFiltering": false,

"enableSetTheme": false,

"enableAccessibility": true,

"enableSendFeedback": false

}

}

}

}

}

Regards

Parth

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip

What do you mean by caution - disable the personalization using configuration file, not directly in the launchpad.html ...

The configuration part is in the Launchpad.html and you need to change the sap-ushell-config-url parameter to point to the PersonalizationOff.json

Maybe i am getting it all wrong.

Thanks and kind regards

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP for Mobile to SAP Fiori community since topic is Fiori.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Below are some of the options

1. I think creating custom roles for your custom theme should allow users to see only the Custom theme.

2. Create a role for users which will restrict them to use the personalization options, thus avoid selecting standard roles

Authorizations - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Regards,
Tejas