cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice long text in several lines with data import?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in charge of extracting data from a ERP system to fill a Business One template .

I am struggling with long text.

The template just says endless line.

But how can a text be made looking nice? Is there any option for me to manipulate this single cell for the purchasing note to get finally the text like it was in ERP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen ,

Welcome to SAP B1 forum !

which Purchase Note you want to fill with template and what  are the fields ???

--Manish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no access to a B1 system, just have to fill the template.

I can only provide a snapshot of the German version

It is about column C, which is described as length without limit. I was just told that I can only have one record per material in that form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen,

I don't know anything about B1, nor about how your template interacts with B1.

However, if you want the text in the Excel spreadsheet cell to look like your example, then follow each line with 'Alt-Enter' within the Excel cell.

Best Regards,

DB49

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with LSMW this approach will lead to shift in cells, as if I had directly filled B, C and D for your row 2, and B, C,D and E for row 3.

If someone who knows B1 import could confirm your approach I would be happy to do it that way. And I certainly had tested it if I had a hand on that target system, but this is unfortunately not the case.

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jurgan ,

which tool you are using to import the data?? in B1 System we use DTW (Data workbench tool) to import the data .

---Manish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is probably DTW, certainly nothing own programmed.

Right now I concatenated all 10 lines from the legacy system into one Excel cell which leads to a modest appearance

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok  as per B1 System DTW template , the maximum limit for Item Code and Item description is 20 and 100 respectively , if your cell length is greater than that then it may  be causing the error.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not the item description, it is about the purchase order text and sales text of a material

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your maximum size of your Purchase order text and sales text of material ??

if it is greater then 100 then you need to create user defined field of Text type (Long text )under marketing document in B1 System .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know, I will never have a hand on this system. I just have the template as posted above and it says unlimited length

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have access to the B1 system in which you are importing the data???

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, otherwise I would not need to ask.

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and one more thing Jurgen to import any data into B1 system your template structure should be as per DTW templates.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the original SAP template as you can see in the screenshot, it has even a copyright statement

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with you that the above template is original but m not sure that it works for B1 or not .