cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove personalization in WDA in Travel ?

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have deployed WDA for Travel expense (ECC6 EHP5) since almost one year now (upgrade from WDJ !).

I used Launchpad to manage the end user menu.

I have now some users "playing" with screens I guess they are using "personalization" but I'm not sure that they know what they are doing

Sometimes they remove fields or columns (they hide it) and then open incident because of course they can't enter expenses ...

To remove personalisation I use the service in SICF (wd_analyse_config_user).

I would like to remove the personalisation feature for all end users, could you please tell me where it is customized ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Christophe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Sometimes they remove fields or columns (they hide it) and then open incident because of course they can't enter expenses ...

I lol'd, because this reminds me of my own situation 4 years ago.

Basically in the WDA framework you can suppress Personalization with Application parameter WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION = X.

What I would recommend, though, and which you also seem to want is to globally disable it (for the entire client). This can be achieved within WDA Service WD_GLOBAL_PARAMETERS. Adjustments made here create a Customizing Transport.

If you are on NW 7.03/7.31 or higher, I would also recommend to uncheck "WDENABLEUIELEMENTSHIDE" because the hiding-option has partially been separated from the Personalization Framework.

other trick is to set field to "final" in config-mode. i do this for every field i touched during project, which is almost all due to unusual sap wordings and translations.

If we are talking about sap-config-mode=x then I strongly disagree. That configuration layer is completely superflous from a development point of view.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a million Lukas

I've tested WDA service WD_GLOBAL_PARAMETERS and it correspond exactly to what I wanted to achieve  

Will push this to prod ASAP !

Cheers,

Christophe.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Incident count reduced by 500%, eh?

EDIT: By the way, you can set the thread "assumed answered" on your opening post to put it into status "solved". This way people will find the thread easier if they search for answered threads of the respective topic.

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I already put it "answered" no ?

I set "correct answer" on your response, is there something else to do ??

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, actually no. I can't see it, it's probably (most probably) my ancient browser not rendering stuff correctly. Nevermind then 😉

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christophe,

theres a switch somewhere.... need to search tomorrow.

other trick is to set field to "final" in config-mode. i do this for every field i touched during project, which is almost all due to unusual sap wordings and translations.

best, michael