cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom - And Alternate Item Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, I would like to see if anyone can provide some background on the following situation.

Material A has a BOM as shown below

ComponentQtyAssemblyPhantomAlternate Item GroupUsage Probability
B1
C2XXA1100
D2A10

When MRP Runs and Orders are created, I am seeing demand for 2 of Component D.  Even though it's usage probability is 0.  My expectation and desire is that demand should be driven down only to the components of Phantom Component C.

I have read on SAP Help that Phantom Materials are not supported with use of Alternate Item Group and perhaps my above example is the reason why but I wanted to see if anyone can confirm that the problem I encounter is consistent with the reason SAP says Phantoms should not be used as Alternate Item Groups.  And if so are there any recommended options.  My first thought of course is to make component C a true assemble and not a phantom.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

You can not use the Item Group with Phantoms.

Please check the sap help here:

Alternative Items - Production Orders (PP-SFC) - SAP Library

Read also this article:

KInd regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Mariano.  I read through the posts in your link and indeed this does confirm what I already know. (Alternate Item group does not support phantoms). But what I am looking for is the reason why and also confirmation that if you do try it, the system actually generates a requirement for the zero % alternate item which is not a phantom.

Regards

Adam