cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a variant for a query to be accessed through APD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

can anyone please help me out in following issue its urgent:

i need to fetch records from a query into a direct update DSO using concept of APDs. The query has one variable which takes input of around thousand GUIDs(one signle column with around 1k entries) and then gives respective output which will be stored in the dso. now the question is how to proceed with the same and how to create a variant in APD which shall provide one database table(which stores those 1k guids or records) as input to the query. Any immediate help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

Harshal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

As i understand you are using query as a source and loading the data from this query to DSo via APD.

Now you can create a variant for the query using RSRT and enter the GUIDs ( all 1000) and save that variant.

While creating the APD you can use this variant in your source query. The query will feed the  data based on 1000 GUIDs that you saved in the variant.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Nayab

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

RajatSahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Just a small Suggestion out of the topic as you are new to SCN  , its a good practice to mark useful answers helpful and the correct answers are right so that it encourages fellow SCN members to earn points and eagerly respond going forwards

Regards,

RKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well thanks to everyone for their valuable time.

i tried creating a variant from RSRT but when i put the same in APD it didnt run stating your variable is not dynamic!

so to solve the problem i just created a new copy query and put a customer exit variable and wrote a code there to upload all the guids values from the table. Now i dont need any variant while running the APD, i can just put the copy query name in the APD and just run it and it works fine .

Regards,

Harshal

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Its good that you have resolved your problem with workaround. But using variant also you can execute your query and load it in direct update DSO as suggested by Rajat.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

RajatSahu
Participant
0 Kudos

1) Tcode RSRT -> query name->Click on Query Variants-> create variant and save.

2)RSANWB ---> Right click on query ->select properties --->Give your Query variant.

3) Your APD will use this query variant's result .

Regards,

RKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem .have you settled the problem ?

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

I would recommend following options:

1) Load all data using query and delete the unwanted records in routine while loading in Direct Update DSO. (Will lead to poor performance if the volume of data is very high)

2) Load everything into Direct update DSO and create a second layer of WO/Standard DSO and filter the data in the routines.

Regards

Ashish