cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PropertySet$CancelSupportLevel(Relational connection) in Information Design Tool Of SAP BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Whenever we want to create any relational connection with ODBC and OLE DB in IDT we are facing the "PropertySet$CancelSupportLevel" issue.

We are facing the same issue when we are trying to create the report on Crystal Reports for enterprise by accessing any of existing universes.

we have verified all of the our existing "ODBC" connections that are created under "32 Bit and 64 Bit ". if we are creating the same ODBC relational connection in "Universe designer" tool we are not facing any issue. Where as in IDT, the connection was allowed to create but if at all if we do "Test Connection " then we are facing the same issue. We are unable to save the created Connection details to enterprise also. Please find the below error.

Need your thoughts as we are going to perform the some real - test cases on our Prod Environment. All the below errors are related to same issue.

Error - 1 - In CR for Enterprise: There was a problem accessing the Relational Connection on SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform. Please check with your system Administrator that the connection is correctly configured.

com/businessobjects/connectionserver/PropertySet$CancelSupportLevel

Error - 2 - In CR for Enterprise :com/businessobjects/connectionserver/PropertySet$CancelSupportLevel - [CRSDK00000903]

Caused by: com/businessobjects/connectionserver/PropertySet$CancelSupportLevel - [Internal Error PropertySetL1329]

Error -3 - In IDT:com/businessobjects/connectionserver/PropertySet$CancelSupportLevel

--Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brian_cerny
Explorer
0 Kudos

We literally just upgraded to SAP 4.1 SP 4 Patch 5 after 6 months of headaches and ran into this issue on only some of our clients. It works fine on the server, but not on the client. The difference seems to be the installer. On the server we went from 4.1 -> 4.1 SP4 -> 4.1 SP4 Patch 5. On the client we went from 4.1 SP4 -> 4.1 SP4 Patch 5. Upgrading to Patch 7 did not help.

Looked at the trace log for IDT and it seems Java cannot find some classes. I'm guessing that a JAR is missing.

Will reply with more info soon.

brian_cerny
Explorer
0 Kudos

So, this is really hackish, but it seems to work for me. Apparently there are different versions of the ConnectionServer.jar file in this distribution and I would guess that something is wrong with the build.

The file at C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Information Design Tool\plugins\com.businessobjects.connectionserver.jar is obviously used for IDT and is missing the CancelSupportLevel inner class.

The file at C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\ConnectionServer.jar has this inner class, but I tried replacing the jar above with this one and then IDT exploded on start-up. So, I just added the compiled class file for the inner class PropertySet.CancelSupportLevel to the first JAR. This file is inside the second JAR in the com\businessobjects\connectionserver\ exploded folder. I used 7zip to do all this.

Now I can test the connection and view the parameters of the connection.

Hope this works for you.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian

Can you explain in detail how you did this

brian_cerny
Explorer
0 Kudos

Turned out the real problem was the installation. I completely uninstalled everything and then reinstalled and then it worked without the hack I detailed above. When I more fully exercised the install, I found some other issues, which didn't occur on a colleges fresh installation so I figured I'd try a reinstall.

The stupid thing is the installer completed successfully both times but the installation was still corrupted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstalling the IDT client will do or I need to reinstall the whole bo 4.1

brian_cerny
Explorer
0 Kudos

On my client machine, I ended up reinstalling everything, including the patches and services packs. It was really annoying, but seemed to be necessary since some of the jars appeared to be shared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to uninstall everything and reinstall (I mean SAP BO 4.1 complete reinstallation)

Is there any work around possible ?

brian_cerny
Explorer
0 Kudos

If the installation is corrupted, then the only way to truly fix it is to reinstall it.

If that is not possible (why wouldn't it be?), then my previously posted hack (I think) is detailed enough for you to replicate.

However, I'll reiterate: I had other problems which appearing. This hinted at a corrupted installation and I didn't want to keep hacking the install since it could cause problems with an upgrade (patch or service pack).

You could also try repairing the install by running the initial SAP installer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah! I managed to convince them for reinstallation lets hope it works well.

0 Kudos

This solution worked for me as well. Thanks Brian.

Did you come across any side effects after this fix?

Thanks-

Kailas