Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Printing action block

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP MII 15.0 SP3 and trying to explore on the ADS print action block.

Can any one tell me the steps for configuring the printer and also creating the .XDP template. I need to print the PDF document and Barcode using this action block.

Please let me know.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the help I am able to print now. The issue with the layout which does not alligned properly.

Regards

G.Partheeban

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help on this issue?

Now I am getting printing success in the work bench. But I am not getting any data in the printing sheet. It comes only blank sheet.

When I check my log I am getting the below warning. Can I know anything you can crack on this?

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

What is the "Printing format" did you choose for print? The right format is depending of what is supported by your printer hardware and device driver. Usually, pcl will work with most office laser printer. In Unix system, you can try ps format...If none of them work for your printer, you can specify your own XDC through link configuration under ADS_Printing_0.XDCFilePath. More detailed about XDC can be find from Managing XDC Files and Job Profiles - Configuring Adobe Document Services for Form Processing (Java)... And ADS(Adobe Document Service) team should able to give more professional support with this regards.

Thanks & Best Regards,

George Wen

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thanks for the help I am able to print now. The issue with the layout which does not alligned properly.

Regards

G.Partheeban

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to preview my barcode in the PDF format. But When I tried to print it giving "

• [ERROR] [ADS_Printing]Printer is not accepting job. " error.Can anyone help on this.

I have given the NW service start user to access the printer, also to everyone.

Please provide your inputs on this.

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

the printer need to be configured on MII server with enough privilege. And did you find anything in log to identify the exact problem?

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Given privilege to the Netweaver start user.But throwing the same error "Printer is not accepting job".

Attached the Log. Can you please give some solution?

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

Log shows the exception was thrown from sun.print.Win32PrintJob which is part of JRE. I saw someone reported similar problem as a bug of Java in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4547411/javax-print-printexception-printer-is-not-accepting-job. You can check if the workaround mentioned there works for you...

Thanks & Best Regards,

George Wen

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Now I am getting printing success in the work bench. But I am not getting any data in the printing sheet. It comes only blank sheet.

When I check my log I am getting the below warning. Can I know anything you can crack on this?

Regards

G.Partheeban

NamrataSutar
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello Patheeban,

I am also getting same error as [ERROR] [ADS_Printing_SFC] Printer is not accepting job?

Did you find the solution?

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I followed the same step below except the last one

Create a user for basic authentication as follows:

1. Navigate to http://<server>:<port>/useradmin to start the User Management.

2. On the Identity Management tab page, select Search Criteria as Group.

3. Choose Create Group to create the ADSCallers group. Save the group.

4. Select User in the Search Criteria dropdown list.

5. Choose Create User and enter ADSUser for the user name, enter a password.

6. Under Security Policy, choose Technical User.

7. On the Assigned Roles tab page, in Available Roles, search for the SAP_ADSCALLER role and choose

Add to assign this role to the ADSUser user.

1. Navigate to the SAP NetWeaver Administrator (NWA) at http://<server>:<port>/nwa.

2. Log on to the SAP NWA with a user that has administrator privileges.

3. In the SAP NWA, navigate to SOA Management Technical Configuration Destination Template

Management .

4. Choose New to create a logical port.

5. Choose WSDL as a destination type.

6. Enter ConfigPort_Document in the Destination Name field.

7. Enter http://<host>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?

wsdl&mode=ws_policy&style=document in the URL field and choose Next.

8. Choose HTTP Authentication in the Authentication group box and select the User ID/Password (Basic)

checkbox.

9. Choose the Details button. Enter ADSUser in the User ID field and the password in the Password and

Confirm Password fields.

10. Choose Finish to save your entries

Below step is not necessary.

1. Navigate to the SAP NetWeaver Administrator (NWA) at http://<server>:<port>/nwa.

3. Navigate to System Management System Properties

4. Choose Edit and select the Use Certified HTTPS Connection for ADS checkbox.

5. Save your entries.

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You are right.Those steps are for HTTPS connection between your MII and ADS Service. In most case HTTP is just good enough.

HTTPS is required if the production environment not allow the user name and password of ADS service be transmit in HTTP plain text.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks... the issue is resolved and getting the Output as Kevin.

I need the barcode to be printed. I have made the xdp file for that. Can I know how to get the xml file for that, so that I need to pass the Barcode text dynamically from transaction.

Please advise.

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Glad to know it works.

The XDP file not only decide page layout but also the data binding. So, as a quick test, you can get XML output of your Query Template and import it to you LiveCycle designer as a "Sample XML Data Connection". Then, you will able to bind data element of the XML with your barcode.

When the XDP is ready, you will able to map your Query Template result with input of ADS printing action node in MII Transaction.

In this way you can see the barcode is changing according to the output of your Query Template.

Let me know if there is still any confusion...

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you managed to find the issue.

For the benefit of the community can you explain what you found and how you fixed it. If anyone searches for the same problem in the future they will find the fix as well

Thanks

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I have done the below steps but not able to crack the required Output.

1. Created the Query Template with the Output as shown

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Rowsets CachedTime="" DateCreated="2015-03-12T13:17:44" EndDate="2015-03-12T13:17:44" StartDate="2015-03-12T12:17:44" Version="15.0 SP3 Patch 0 (Jan 19, 2015)">

<Rowset>

<Columns>

<Column Description="Barcode" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Barcode" SQLDataType="12" SourceColumn="Barcode"/>

</Columns>

<Row>

<Barcode>123765</Barcode>

</Row>

</Rowset>

</Rowsets>

2. Created a new data connection in Live cycle designer.

3. Inserted a Barcode code128 (Type: User Entered - Required,Data Binding as $.Rowset.Row.Barcode) as attached

4. Click on View as XML and copy pasted as xdp file.

5. In the action block Pointed file as xdp template.

Please let me know steps are right and also where to map the Query output to the XML input.

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you only want to verify if the "Preview" button give the right PDF, just copy your <Rowsets> XML into "XML Data Source" and browse for the right XDP file ( do not forget to import the XDP file into your MII project before browse for it). with these 2 inputs, Preview should be working.

If you want to verify if the "dynamic data" from Query Template get properly feed to PDF, you have to know how to map parameter of action blocks in MII transaction. I think you can find better description on this from MII help document. But the basic idea will be using a proper action block under Data Query catalog to read the XML <rowsets> from your barcode Query Template. Then, in your ADS action block, in "Links" configuration, map the output of Data Query to your "input" of ADS action. with the statically configured XDP file, your transaction should be working. But make sure the save, or Print checked, otherwise, everything happen in back end but nothing visible to you.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thanks... I am able to get the required output by binding correctly.

SQL_BarcodeText_0.Results{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row/Barcode}

In the below screen shot I am not able to get the "PDF" as print format (mentioned in the help).

Any idea on this. Please let me know?

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

the printing format is to choose the language MII talk with Printer, this depends on what is the language your printer support and what is the language printer Driver supporting.

In most cases PCL will work. for Macintosh environments, you can try PS format.

If PDF format is really need for some reason, you can do it in "Link" configuration.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thanks... but when I gave the "pdf" or "PDF" as the Print Format in links, it throws error.

Hope this not supported.

Also I need to print the barcode, can you suggest me which printer can be used and which print format will be suitable?

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

so it is working but just change the format to PDF make the error?

As to printers, mine is a office printer support PCL so select the pcl format works fine.

From this link: Setting Up ADS Printing - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library  I see ZPL should be selected for Zebra label printers.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any one help on the above issue???

Regards

G.Partheeban

wizzhi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

So basically this looks like some issue in connecting with ADS service.

Did you checked your WSDL destination for ADS?

More detailed configuration options can be find in MII configuration guide in https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000360702014E (at least ME guide did not mentioned the Certified HTTPS connection setup).

Let me know if it solved your issue.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Below is the list of steps followed. Please Let me know if I missed something.

Create a user for basic authentication as follows:

1. Navigate to http://<server>:<port>/useradmin to start the User Management.

2. On the Identity Management tab page, select Search Criteria as Group.

3. Choose Create Group to create the ADSCallers group. Save the group.

4. Select User in the Search Criteria dropdown list.

5. Choose Create User and enter ADSUser for the user name, enter a password.

6. Under Security Policy, choose Technical User.

7. On the Assigned Roles tab page, in Available Roles, search for the SAP_ADSCALLER role and choose

Add to assign this role to the ADSUser user.

3. In the SAP NWA, navigate to SOA Management Technical Configuration Destination Template

Management .

4. Choose New to create a logical port.

5. Choose WSDL as a destination type.

6. Enter ConfigPort_Document in the Destination Name field.

7. Enter http://<host>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?

wsdl&mode=ws_policy&style=document in the URL field and choose Next.

8. Choose HTTP Authentication in the Authentication group box and select the User ID/Password (Basic)

checkbox.

9. Choose the Details button. Enter ADSUser in the User ID field and the password in the Password and

Confirm Password fields.

10. Choose Finish to save your entries

also done

3. Navigate to System Management System Properties

4. Choose Edit and select the Use Certified HTTPS Connection for ADS checkbox.

5. Save your entries.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant tell you how to set up the printer, but to create the .XDP template you need adobe Livecycle which is available to download  in the Netweaver section of Service Marketplace (no additional license as long as you don't use interactive forms if I remember correctly, but please check). You will also find some example templates in the SAP ME Wiki page if you want to try one.

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

I am following Setting Up ADS Printing - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library to setup ADS. But not able to find the printers.

Also I have installed the Livecycle  designer but not able to find the software where it get stored. Need much clarity on the .XDP template. If you can provide me sample of XDP and xml file used for ADS action then it will be useful.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know anything about setting up the printers   (Im using SAP ME and not MII).

The example files can be found here:

SAP ME Example Files - SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) - SCN Wiki

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks... just I need a sample of xdp and xml file combination to use in action block.

If any combination you have please let me know.

I tried using your example file, but getting error as below

"

• [ERROR] [ADS_Printing_0]PDFDocument Processor failed to process RenderRequest Due to the following Reason can't parse argument number urn:AdobeDocumentServicesWsd/AdobeDocumentServicesVi/document "

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are available on the site I listed.

Try the Basic_Traveller_Template.XDP and either the meData.xml or the traveler_meData.xml.

Kev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tested it using the basic_traveller_template.xdp and meData.xml and it worked fine.

And this is what it produced.

The printer is what ever printers are set up on your MII server (not your local machine).

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks... I tried to use the same as you. Getting the below error as attached. Can you please advise on this.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it do the same thing when you press the preview button?

From the look of the 2nd screen It looks like you don't have ADS installed on your server, which version of Netweaver are you using and did you install ADS when Netweaver was installed?

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Yes when I press preview it throws error like that.

Using NW 7.4... but I am able to see the ADS

http://<nwhost>:<port>/nwa under  Configuration Management  Infrastructure  Adobe Document Services  .

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Im using 7.4 as well.

If you go into the ADS page you mention and click the licensing tab, is the License Compliance green?

If you go to Troubleshooting > System Information >Components Info

Do you see ADSSAP and all its associated components? (See the screenshot)?

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

ADSSAP is installed as per attached SS below.

I have followed Setting Up ADS Printing - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

any other configuration to be followed please let me know?

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like it is installed so I'm out of my depth now. Our system is configured using the same SAP ME guide so I'm afraid i don't know where to help next.

Maybe one of the SAP guys can help now?

Kevin

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

G.Partheeban