cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues using ActivityLogReportService to find SCRAP activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we are using the method find in ActivityLogReportService in order to count the scraped SFCs in a shop order in a given interval of time.

There we are facing the following problem while calling the find method:

If we specify the shop order, the service will return results including scrap activities for other shop orders

Request:

<prod:firstRow>1</prod:firstRow>

<prod:rowCount>100000</prod:rowCount>

<prod:shopOrder>SCRAP-TEST2</prod:shopOrder>

<prod:activityCode>SCRAP</prod:activityCode>

<prod:site>1000</prod:site>

other related questions:

1. what does firstRow mean in the BaseSearchCriteriaRequest?
  2. The service returns also other entries where activity=NC_DATA_ENTRY and action_code =SCRAP. What i understand fro that that when an SFC is scraped, technically all the past related activities will be scrapped, hence those entries in the response and Activity_log table. Is that right?        If it's right, we could not find any additional field in the request to specify activity=SU580? will that be implemented in the future? or are we using the wrong papi or missing a combination of values in the request?
  3. Is it better to directly query sfc table and filter on status and modification date?
  4. Is there any other PAPI to count or return scraped SFCs for a given criteria? we tried findActivityLogByDetails in ActivityLogService, but there we cannot specify datetime range.

Thanks in advance

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

I have not re-tested this request, but in case it cannot filter by the Shop Order it is a bug and you can open a support inicdent.

As to the other questions from top of my head:

2. You can the SFC itself, but not activities. The same Activity Code can be written against different Activities (note that Activity Code in this report is not the same as Activity number, which you retrieve in Activity Maintenance).

3. It depends on what you actually want to find. But I would suggest to take data for reports from the Activity Log table rather than touching oftenly used SFC table.

4. I think you can get SFCs by Shop Order, then check their status. But probably Activity Log PAPI will be more useful.

Br, Alex.

Answers (0)