cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAP PI 7.40 does the traditional development ESR + Integration directory still exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We would like to migrate from SAP PI 7.11 to SAP PO 7.31 or 7.40.

Can you tell me if the standard interface java of developement we have in SAP PI 7.11 still exist (see my print scrren joined) ?

With Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

My few cents,

There is an standard tool to migrate you classical configuration to the ICO objects: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0d7c7e4-af05-3110-f3a5-a6686fd3a...

You should think that the ICOs objects are faster than the classical configuration, because PI skips the ABAP process.

Finally, you have to take into account what scenarios you have developed to choose between single or dual installation. The main circumstance is if you have complex ccBPM developed because the single installation has not ccBPM, you would need to migrate them to SAP Netweaver BPM.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I would like to extend what Hareesh has mentioned a little bit also.  In the newer Java stack you also have the option of developing the ESR content and the ID content in NWDS but can continue to use the current swing web clients as well.  I believe building the ID content via the process integration designer is supported in the single stack Java only as a side note.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

Just to add on to Ryan's comments, if you will be installing single stack, I'd definitely recommend NWDS  for building the ID configuration part. You can check out the blog below and the discussion in the comments part when you consider staying on Swing or moving to NWDS or a bit of both.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you go with dual stack installation , Yes - you can still develop classical scenario (sender agreement.receiver agreement, recv determination etc)

If you choose single stack then only integrated configurations are possible.

You don't see any changes in terms of ESR.