cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore - MaxDB 7.9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I'm facing a problem during a MaxDB Database restore.

There is a database with size of 1 TB (32 Bits) that I need to move it to an other server (64 Bits).

Actually, I did a restore from the last backup (COMPLETE) and it finished successfully. I don't have INCREMENTAL backups after this last COMPLETE backup and I need to apply all last LOG Backups into the database for consistence.

My problem is that in the new database, the backup history was lost and it does not recognize the log numbers.

Do you have any idea how to restore these LOG backups?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Can you please post the exact error? Also you should bear in mind that restore must be done with both FULL and log files at once.

BRs

Martim.

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Why there should be backup history in the newly created database? I mean right now you are doing restore to the

newly created database, the backup history only contains the restore action, but no backup history for the log backup which is the source database

For to continue to apply log, you can perform

recovery from a medium and chose a backed up log. Please do not worry about if you chose an early log number,

the recovery process will automatically skip the log which does not need to apply and continue to look for the next one.

You can perform restore by using database studio:

right click the database node-> recovery -> recover a medium -> chose a log template -> then give a log number

Best regards,

James

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

please describe how your backup works.
Here we make a backup to a filesystem, automatic log backup as well and copy all files to tape.

regards,

Sandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo,

Check if you have dbm.ebf & dbm.ebl files on your source system and try to copy those to your target server and modify as per your new target system to create backup history.

and then apply the logs. Also you can try  to restore using database management studio(dbmgui).

Let us know the outcome.

regards,

Ram