Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP on premise active directory as user store

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use on premise active directory for HCP applications.

There is an option at HANA Cloud Connector settings called "Cloud User Store".

Here we can connect to on premise LDAP to consume the users.

The information can be found here SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

After we configure LDAP via this option from hana cloud connector, how can we start to use the configured user store from HCP?

Thank you very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oktay,

have you followed all the steps described here: link?

It is important that you also configure the application to use the on-premise AD is needed - for this you need to deploy it with a special system property (there is no UI support for this at the moment):

neo deploy --host <landscape host> --account <account name> --application <application name> --source <path to WAR file> --user <e-mail or user name> --vm-arguments "-Dcom.sap.cloud.security.um.user_provider_name=onpremise -Dcom.sap.cloud.security.um.destination_name=onpremiseumconnector"

Best regards,

Timo

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Thank you very much for your answer.

In addition after we configure on premise AD as cloud user store, can we use this store also to assign members as Administrators, Developers, Support users for an account (it would be good to assign members as admin, developer and support reading from active directory security groups)? Or is there another way to assign members to a generic account from a user store?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oktay,

no, this is currently not possible. Please note that the HCP account members are the platform users who are allowed to work with an HCP account. The users who can authenticate via the Cloud Connector against an on-premise AD/LDAP are the end users who are using an HCP application. For them, the HCP roles Administrator, Developer, Supporter do not apply.

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,

Timo

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes it answers my question.

We have a HCP generic account. There will be many members (Admins, developers) on this account.

We do not want to assign all members manually. Reading active directory and its security groups (which we already use for other applications) to assign members to an HCP generic account would be really helpful. Anyway I think this is a really unique case.

Thanks so much or all your support.

Best regards

Oktay

0 Kudos

HI Oktay,

I have a similar requirement like yours , can you share some details if you were successfull  to assign the users automatically with the roles like developers, admins using the LDAP ??

Kind Regards,

Manikya

Answers (0)