cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - General Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the procedure for Performing General Changes ? Currently, I create a Request for Change and fill in the required fields except the Project. Then add the Approvers Business Partners in the Approvers Block so that the Approvers can approve it. After this in the Scope Assignment Block, I add the scope as "General Change" .  Then I click the Save Button. At this time I get the message  "Enter the Component in the Scope Assignment Block"

The system apparently needs a component in order to save the Request for Change.  What component if any needs to be maintained in the case of Printers or other such objects ?  As per the SAP documentation in the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/19/57830da5014137bba2f87e41aabd65/content.htm

The pre-requisites of creating a General Change are

• You have created a change request and specified in the scope assignment block that the change is to be a general change. The change request was approved and released for implementation.
  • The object affected by the change is maintained in the system with an installation.

Is it necessary to maintain printer information or any other details of no-SAP entities in the SAP system. If so where do we maintain them ?

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

This is the answer: Reference Objects - Change Request Management - SAP Library