SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is retail-SD Scope

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know how SD Consultant will play a role in IS Retail Project.

My basic understanding,the role SD consultant is limited when it comes to industry specific Retail .

Enterprise Structure

Site-Here sites (individual store) is treated as Plant         

Master Data

Article Master-Instead of material master

Pricing-I could see mark up pricing,some percentage.

I am very much confused suppose if a SD consultant happens to work in Is Retail project,what all he has to know.

His Basic SD knowledge is sufficient? or Else he should take any extra effort to learn new things relevant to Is Retail,if so what are the topics to be covered.

Please clarify me..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As an SD/MM consultant with 9+ years experience with IS-Retail projects, I would first recommend you to go through the IS Retail scenarios and check for the processes that you'd possibly have to cover; Below is the link to the IS-R scenario map, I've not taken the latest as I could not make it work However, the solution scope has not really changed in years;

SAP Retail BP V1.605 - Scenario Map

It is quite difficult to recommend a specific retail functional area but I see the following list of retail SD (or SD related) areas as a must when working on an IS-R project;

• Concept of Assortment & Listing (as listing is usually required to sell article in stores)
  • Store Connectivity / POS Interface
  • Retail Price Calculation
  • Promotions & Bonus Buys, Seasons
  • Article Hierarchy (do not confuse with Merch.Cat.Hierarchy)
  • Understand Article Master Data (single/generic+variant/sales set/pre-pack)  & Site Master Data structure

However, I'm sure that experience of other consultants might be completely different and the above list much shorter.. or much longer!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As an SD/MM consultant with 9+ years experience with IS-Retail projects, I would first recommend you to go through the IS Retail scenarios and check for the processes that you'd possibly have to cover; Below is the link to the IS-R scenario map, I've not taken the latest as I could not make it work However, the solution scope has not really changed in years;

SAP Retail BP V1.605 - Scenario Map

It is quite difficult to recommend a specific retail functional area but I see the following list of retail SD (or SD related) areas as a must when working on an IS-R project;

• Concept of Assortment & Listing (as listing is usually required to sell article in stores)
  • Store Connectivity / POS Interface
  • Retail Price Calculation
  • Promotions & Bonus Buys, Seasons
  • Article Hierarchy (do not confuse with Merch.Cat.Hierarchy)
  • Understand Article Master Data (single/generic+variant/sales set/pre-pack)  & Site Master Data structure

However, I'm sure that experience of other consultants might be completely different and the above list much shorter.. or much longer!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Hi,

Include the IDOC's related scenario for billing with Taxation and SAP Retail Store - SRS also.

Regards,

SRK

0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I tried to open the link but i could not open it.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

sorry for that; however, I have no problems opening it, no OSS login required, weird.

Anyway, you can get there from SAP Retail Best Practices page;

> in section SAP Best Practices for Retail V1.605 click on the link for US localization;

> new page opens with BP details where in the left menu you select the following;

>> Business Information

>>> Preconfigured Scenarios

>>>> Scenario Map - Full Scope (not in the menu but in the top right corner of the page content)

Full BP content (scenarios and detailed config guides,) can also be found using the link below but I find it much less organized;

SAP Best Practices for Retail V1.605 - Building Blocks

Cheers,
Tomas

0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Thanks a lot,the second link opens for me.

Regards,

Pradeep M