Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could we restrict ability to approve hours in CATS_APPR_LITE and CAT7?

cristianopapa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we're looking for the way to restrict ability of users, that access to CATS_APPR_LITE transaction, to approve hours only entered by specific CID(s).

Is there a specific authorization object that drive the ability to approve hours?

and is there a similar object that drive the users accessing CAT7 to transfer data in controlling (data about hours in WBS)?

Thank you,

Patrick

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way is to activate authorization trace (ST01) and see what is being checked in CATS_APPR_LITE. If you can't find any standard object that will help with your requirement then I am sure you should be able to use BADI CATS_REPORTING for your requirement.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thank you for response...I used authorization trace and executed the CATS_APPR_LITE transaction...I didn't find a specific authorization object that could help me to restrict approval of hours of specific CID(s)...

the BADI solution how could be implemented? Do we need the creation of some customization tables (approver CID-->CID to be approved)?

in CATS_APPR_LITE could we create and set specific LAYOUT that restrict the view of only specific hours for specific approvers?

Thank you,

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, I don't know what CID stands for. Anyway, for BADI you will have to implement it, find a suitable method that can be used to perform additional authorization check and then figure out what this new check should be checking for. You will need a developer for this.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thank you Martin fro response.

CID is person registered in SAP HR, identified by a number (the CID).

Patrick

cristianopapa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thank you for response...I used authorization trace and executed the CATS_APPR_LITE transaction...I didn't find a specific authorization object that could help me to restrict approval of hours of specific CID(s)...

the BADI solution how could be implemented? Do we need the creation of some customization tables (approver CID-->CID to be approved)?

in CATS_APPR_LITE could we create and set specific LAYOUT that restrict the view of only specific hours for specific approvers?

Thank you,