cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Global Host Installation (Standalone)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It´s possible to install only the SAP Global Host in a specific server? If so, I believe I need to use for that the Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM)... but I don´t know which version. I need to use the 70SWPM* or SWPM*? I can´t find that option in SWPM

This is because I need to have the /sapmnt/<SID>/... in a specific server.

Can you help me please?

Thank you,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arménio,

Yes, you can. (by selecting your software -> Applicaton Server ABAP -> database -> Distributed System -> Global Host Preparation. There are some difference within different SWPM version)

(This screenshot comes from 70SWPM*)

In my opinion, 70SWPM* is mostly related to software based on NetWeaver 7.0 and its EHPS (for example, NetWeaver 7.0 including EHP 3). SWPM* is mostly related to software based on NetWeaver 7.1 and higher.

Regards,

Ning Tong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ning,

Ok... thank you. But the problem is I need that feature (SAP Global Host Installation) in the new SAP releases which use the SWPM* and in this version of Software Provisioning Manager I don´t see this option

For my scenario I need this in High Availability environment because we need to have the SAP Global Host in the same host where we installed the Primary Application Server Installation (PAS)... at this moment we have it in host where is installed the ASCS Instance (during the installation of "First Cluster Node" phase) which is the first host/node of the cluster.

Can you help me please?

Thank you,

samid raif

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On new versions you have only:

Because of the new SAP strategy for Netweaver 7.40, things have changed. The ASCS instance is almost like old Central Instance, and is responsible for the Enqueue services, and is the only SPOF on 7.40 and should be kept on some kind of HA system. Also presents the SAPMNT share.

The Database Instance is no more than load the DB engine with the tables, views, schemas, SP, etc...

The Primary is Dialog instances, Batch, Upgrade, Print, etc...

M

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armenio ,

PAS is not a part of the HA architecture .

You need the sap global host on the ASCS  instance as the ASCS  should be installed in HA cluster .

PAS is just an application server  with BTC,UPD,spool and DIAG process . It does not contain the message server service / Enqueue service .

I think you should double check on how you are planning to Install

Thanks ,

Manu