cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue on part time personnel in work centers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have to define work centers for PS module where I created some of the work centers in CNR1. However we have some personnel working in different work centers. For example on the personnel spends 60 % of his time in one work center and 40 % in another work center. in this situation, how should i consider such personnel? I have some ideas but I don't know which is the best or is there any other better solution! I think I can define him as a separate work center, or define him in only one of the existing work centers which he spends more time there.

Could anyone please suggest a solution for this situation.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you stucked how to assign the personnel number to work center.? because I also could not see any problem in the query asked by you. It is very much possible as suggested by Sammar too.

One of the way is to go to work center (CNR2-Change WC). Then go to capacities. Click HRMS and assign the personnel number over there.

But still I need to know your pain area in particular.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar and Amit,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are right and I can assign a personnel to different work centers at the same time but the problem is that the capacity of this personnel is added to all these work centers with respect to the utilization of each of the work centers. For example if work centers X and Y have utilization 100% and I assign personnel A to both work centers then I have considered 200% utilization for personnel A where he should spend 8 hours in work center X and 8 hours in work center Y. I think this is not correct!

So what is the solution?

Regards

majid

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

I dont think your requirement is possible unless you maintain the work centre with 60% utilization and another has 40%.

Person determines, how much "No of person" you maintain and the percentage of utilization you require from the work centre.

How are going to check the utilization of the work centre ?

When a person is assigned to two different work centres, based on the Total Capacity only work centre is scheduled, it does not depends on person. Person utilization will be based on the hours you are planned in the project activities. Hope you got it.

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

If you want to achieve utilization at the work center level then you need to create different capacity utilizations for each work center.. but that would be a cumbersome activity, and even if you do that, system doesn't stops you from overbooking the said capacity.. Work Center planning is a bit tricky process in SAP, though you have a finite scheduling, system allows you to do infinite scheduling and there are no hard stops..

My suggestion would be to Keep it simple.. Have the employee be in two work centers, and track the utilization at the actual level instead of plan..

Let's wait for other experts as well..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly one of my ideas as I mentioned in the original post. Is there any other solution?

Regards

majid

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

What's the problem here??

SAP anyways allows the assignment of one resource to many Work Center..

So you can assign your Employee to both let's say X and Y work Center. And he books his effort 60% in X and 40 % in Y.

I don't see any problem...

Regards

Sammar