cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIFfing batches only with stocks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

As a part of initial master data upload to EWM system, I am CIFfing batches.

I wanted to CIF only those batches for which stocks are available. When I CIF batches for the material, system is pulling all the batches which were created for that material. But I have stocks for that material for only few batches. All other batches I am not going to use at all so I don't want to them in EWM system.

Is there any way in standard system for my requirement.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

didn't we just had that some days ago?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

When I have gone through below SAP help on this topic, I came to know there is one standard program RVBDEACT which will update the field Batch no longer active  (MCHA-DEACT_BM) in the table MCHA.

While we CIF batches for a material system will ignore those deactivated batches so that my requirement can be fulfilled.

But, the standard SAP report RVBDEACT is not having selection for batch field. Also, I could not find any option to activate the batches again if required.

This is just for your info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/48/646f4be7fb4f93e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you will find that the job ( RVBDEACT) looks at all activate batches, and will make a decision on whether the batch (currently active) is valid for deactivation i.e. if there is stock (or locked for inventory) you can't deactivate it, likewise if you perform a change to a deactivated batch then it will reactivate that batch again - thus a sensible approach to activating a deactivated batch.

Hope this helps.