cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How system behaves when ATP with future and current orders with ready and future orders..

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Team,

Please check the below scenario and help to solve ...

Scenario..

Stock available for item A is 450 ..created a sales order for 01.05.2015 and the full stock is reserved in that order

then created two production order for 01.04.2015 with 1000 quantity and for 10.04.2015 with 1000 quantity

then i created a sales order for today 07.03.2015 with 450 quantity am getting the below result

when am trying for ATP system give confirmed quantity 450 with same date...how is it possible as the ready stock is already reserved for future orders and production orders are only available for next month..

should the confirmed quantity against future po only ??

pls help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

catherine_mckenna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vijesh,

Are you using transaction CO09 to check stock availability?

Is it possible to show screen shots here so we can see what is happening?

Kind regards,

Catherine

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

Below the CO09 details

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Vijesh,

Your first order date is 09.03.2015

2nd sales order date is 06.05.2015.

What's the seen from the sales orders..?

Jobi

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Below the details from SO..first and second sales order

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

So what is the issue?  ITs correct no..?

The production orders are on 12 .04, and 20.04.15, so the second order on 06.05.15 is confirmed.

For the first order ****304, what is the order creation date..? please check in va03.  If its the past date, then I think, at the time of creating the second order, a rescheduling has happened.

jobi

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

first order requirement date  08.05.2015  stock conformation date also 08.05.2015 it working fine because you create Production orders for 1000 quantity , so system will conform full stock.

comes to Second order  requirement date  09.03.2015  stock conformation date also 11.03.2015

it means as for Standard ATP after 3 days system will confirm the stock it means it is not conform stock it planed stock , based on material master MRP2 view at scheduling tab level In-house production field it fill as 3 days ,

pl check material master MRP2 view In-house production field how meany days it will maintain.

check and conform.

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

my concern is how the system confirming the second order for 09.03.2015 as the production order is available only in April?? the creation date of both the order is today..

thanks,

Vijesh

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VIjesh,

When is the date of creation of production order..?  Was the production order created before the creation of the first sales order..?

It would have been great if you had a scree shot of Co09, at each step. Then we would have know what's really happening

Jobi

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Below the details in co09

Here i created so 0020011306 first then two production orders again another so 020011307

thanks,

Vijesh

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

Really appreciate, you have run the cycle again and pasted all the details.

Now we can understand the system behaviour. As you can see, after the creation of production order, the sales order whose delivery date was after the production order, the allocation has changed to the production order.

Its working out as per the dates.

Fantastic example to learn this part .  Thanks Vijesh

Jobi

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

As far the ATP dates are concerned your logic might be correct ,ie,current stock is reallocated to the current period order and future production order is allocated to the future sales order. Unfortunately the stocks doesn't follow the rule ..the available stock which was originally allocated to the future sales order is still there and the current sales order (order for which the ATP date which is in the current period ) , the stock is still allocated from the future production order .In short the allocation changed only for the date and not for the stocks . The below is the screen shot for the error which happens when we try to create delivery for the current period sales order (created later)

only after releasing the stock allocated in the future sales order could we deliver the current period sales order.

how to ensure the stocks allocation follows the dates allocation ?

thanks ,

Vijesh

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Please  help. .

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below settings;

1) In the material master MRP views, any replenishment lead time has been set

2) In the scope of availability check (t.code OVZ9), look for the settings "Check without replenishment time" . If the field is not checked, then it uses the replenishment time of the material master to confirm.

Regards,

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

there is no lead time in material master and Check without replenishment time" is checked in the scope of check

thanks,

VIjesh

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, i think you have to run rescheduling to get the stock released.  I think this is std behaviour.

Will be great if some experts can throw more light on this

Thanks

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if accumulation field is blank in OVZ2 for avl 02.(Also, read help on that field - That should help explain the root cause of what you are seeing) This field is causing issues in your case.

Regards,

Chintan

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

The value in the filed was 1 we tried to changing to others and created the senario the only one with any effect is was 3 ,where the available stock got re allocated to the second order (from older order).Rest of the values didnt have any effect..

what could be the missing configuration which bars the availabilty date from changing (while doing atp for the second order) to the finishing date of the future production order.

thanks,

Vijesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

what could be the missing configuration which bars the availability date from changing (while doing atp for the second order) to the finishing date of the future production order.

Here you have two options - 1. If you want to deliver the second order using the available stock, run V_V2.

2. If you want to keep the stock allocated to first order (Which will deliver later) and use the future production order to confirm second order, use 3 in that field.

On another note, did you read the help (F1) for that field?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

I believe you have misunderstood how SAP ATP works.  THERE IS NO ALLOCATION  of supply elements, including stock!  There is no 'pegging' of specific supplies to specific requirements.

Each time you perform an ATP, the system re-calculates an ATP quantity against that particular requirement.  The system then either generates 'no confirmation', 'partial confirmation', or 'full confirmation'.  Once the order is saved, all the data that was used to generate the confirmation is discarded, only the confirmed date and quantity is recorded and retained.

In your example, you show that a delivery for the earliest sales order is not confirmed, even though there is stock to support.  I believe this is due to a logical mismatch between the Scope of check set up for your sales documents and the scope of check set up for your deliveries.

Please display the CO09 for the same material, but using checking rule "B" (deliveries).  I only need the version for the last step in your sequence above.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please find the CO09 with delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

I guess I was not clear.  I wanted to see the CO09, using checking rule 'B', for the same material and availability situation that you had been displaying earlier using checking rule 'A'.

Alternately, if you wish to use a different material that has this same problem, then show me both displays (CO09 A and CO09 B; plus a display of MD04).

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below results ..is it ok?

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

any  suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

Your 'B' scope of check is preventing creation of delivery (OVZ9).  You have selected Sales order requirements to be relevant for your 'B' availability check, but you did not include the production orders.

If you wish to exclude production orders from your ATP check (this is common) then you should also exclude your Sales documents.  In this case, the only supply element for your Deliveries are 'stock' and the only requirements your deliveries are competing with should be 'other deliveries'.  Try something like this:

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Pls help