cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR spacing issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My report is only comprised of sub reports.

The issue is when ever one sub report finishes (data generated) and Before starting the next sub report  i am experiencing empty portion, (may be because the next sub-report requires more space and cannot print on the same page i.e. not finding enough space at the bottom of the page that's why going to the next page leaving the 1st page empty from bottom) i tried to keep object together but doesn't seems to be working

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep together option will move the content of a particular section altogether into a new page if the whole content cannot be accommodated in the spare space after printing previous section data.

Right click on each of the sub report and uncheck the checkbox against "Keep Object Together" option from Format Subreport --> Common tab.

Also check whether there are any blank sections in the sub reports or even extra space in the sections where you have included data fields.

Make sure you select "Fit section" from section expert for each of the sections in sub reports.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavendra Hullur

By selecting 'Fit section' do you mean to select "Underlay Following Sections" for each section in the main report.

I didn't find this option ....

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, not "Underlay Following Sections".

If you right click on a section, you will find an option "Fit Section", this is to make sure that, the section occupies space only for data fields and there isn't any void space.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works Perfectly Now...

Thanks Raghavendra Hullur and Abhilash Kumar for your time and help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than what Raghav suggested, you might also want to check if you've enabled 'new page after' or 'new page before' on any of the sections that holds the subreport.

You could also check for these settings inside each subreport's sections.

Also, if there is a large text box that 'grows', you would want to uncheck the 'Keep object together' option for this object as well.

-Abhilash