Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role sensitivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our current project ,we like to add role sensitivity attribute in role .so  I would like to know what is significance of role sensitivity attribute in role?

Thanks

Sankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Role Sensitivity is just like other role parameters available in GRC.

You can use this role parameter for differentiating your PFCG roles using this parameter as: Normal, Restricted, Confidential etc

Regards,

Madhu.

5 REPLIES 5

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Role Sensitivity is just like other role parameters available in GRC.

You can use this role parameter for differentiating your PFCG roles using this parameter as: Normal, Restricted, Confidential etc

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

• Role sensitivity to use as an attribute by creating or editing role sensitivity values.

• Using role sensitivity with PFCG helps to organize the authorization structure for your company.

• In PFCG, you can specify that only roles with role sensitivity of Restricted are authorized to access certain data in your company or certain roles of sensitivity confidential need to have special approvals if they need to be assigned to some users

Regards,

Deepak M

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

we also use sometimes this attribute to mark if role is relevant for processing personal user data (if yes - additional documentation from user is required - according to local regulations).

Best regards, Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Could you please give one scenario. because I have to describe this attribute to my business.

Thanks

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sankar,

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, likewise deeming a role sensitive is in the judgment of the business. None of us here can tell you the scenarios of what is sensitive to your/ your client's business. That is for the business people to figure out and tell the IT folks. The above suggestion from Adrzej, that in their business model, roles granting access to PII, certainly makes sense. In other organizations, roles that grant access to data such as highly confidential  product recipes, pricing information that must be restricted from joint venture business partners for SOx compliance, health information that must be tightly restricted for HIPAA compliance, roles that grant access to data that is sensitive for trade export compliance- the list goes on and on.

Or have I misunderstood your question?

Gretchen