Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBCO ERROR (BW to Sybase IQ)

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear IQ Gurus,

We want to make connection between from SAP BW system to SYBASE IQ 16.0. These are on different servers. I want to use DBCO connection.

Bw

Server : Windows Server 2008

SAP_BW731 SP0011

------------------------

Sybase IQ

Version 16, SP04

Windows Server 2008

I have already downloaded Sybase Client for ODBC connection on BW server ;

After configuration Test is successfully ;

When i configure the DBCO and se38 test connection is failed ;

What could be the problem ? ODBC is success but why DBCO is not ?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Assuming that the BW system is running on Sybase database.

According to the last screen shot there is no connection entry in the DBCON table.

Have you created a connection entry for the external DB in the DBCON table?

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin,

No, actually BW is running on MSSQL Server. Still should i create connection entry in the DBCON table?

Best Regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, an entry is required in the DBCON table.

As the source system is running on MSSQL you need to make sure the DBSL files for Sybase is also present. I believe it should be there as newer releases of kernel comes with the DBSL for all supported databases. You also need to install the Sybase client software and adapt the environment variables. The steps are documented in these SAP notes.

1737415 - Sybase IQ: Enable remote/secondary connect to SAP Sybase IQ

1507573 - External DB connect to a Sybase ASE database

Cheers

RB

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin,

1- I have already installed on BW machine "Sybase IQ 16.0 Network Client Windows x64 64-bit" , and i made ODBC settings and made connection successfully. But i havent seen any "environment variables" in notes, which env. variables should i add ?

2- MSSQL on BW kernel; it seems my DBSL patch level is enough ? Should i do anything else ?

3- Related In sap note(1737415) : "SYBASE IQ ODBC NLS 16.0" odbc driver should be implemented to (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe ) folder ? This NLS thing must be implemented for my case ?

4- DBCO using instead of DBCON,

SYBASE_CONTYPE=IQ SYBASE_SERVER=SYBPRD.......ist SYBASE_PORT=3000 SYBASE_IQ_ENGINE=........SybProd SYBASE_DBNAME=.......SybProd SYBASE_IQ_LOCKWAIT=600

Best Regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The PATH variable should be modified with the directory where the client software has been installed. The dbsybslib.dll file should be present in the <drive>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\<Instance>\exe location. Best would be to download the DBSL archive for sybase and check whether those files are present on the server in the above mentioned location. I have never established a connection for a Sybase database but for other database but the procedure is same for all. Try to create the connection string in DBCON as suggested in the above notes and check the connection.

Answers (0)