cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect OLAP source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Please help me to find out the solution for SSO issue.

While refreshing reports I am getting "Failed to connect OLAP source". I have working on this issue since one month but no solution yet.

Folks,help me here to resolve.

Thank you in advance

Warm Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check if the OLAP user has the required authorisations to refresh the WebIs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shwetha,

Will you please explain in detailed .We have done in BO development server, reports are working fine. But in case of Quality server, while refreshing Getting "Failed to connect to OLAP source". From BI/BW perspective or BO perspective what things needs to be done. We stuck here since one month. Please help  me here.

Warm Regards,

Mohan

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the quality BO server go to CMC --> OLAP connection --> Select the required connection --> Edit

If you scroll below, do you see a predefined user mentioned in the connection details? If yes, you have to check the authorisations of this OLAP user in the respective BW system

nippunmakkar
0 Kudos

I am able to see the predefined user , however i am not able to login with my user_id that i used to login into CMC and to schedule

the report.

Can you please recommend what to do in that scenario

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Report is not able to connect olap system.

Have you checked the connection parameters and Check the access level if you using SSO. 

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shakthi,

I have tested all parameters, but in access levels point of view I am not getting your point. Please guide me in detailed.

Warm regards,

Mohan

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan ,

It may because of the SSO connection type ?

Can you test by using specified user name and password in OLAP connection to connect BW ?

If it works then you need to configure SSO by using keystore and certificate .

Generate keystore and certificate for SAP BO BI4.0 - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN W...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sateesh,

We have done all as you mentioned above with specified user and keystre as well.IN IDT we have tested with specified user working fine sateesh.When you are opening te repot in BI launch pad its throwing Failed to connect OLAP source error(While refreshing)

Warm Regards

Mohan.

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create the connection from CMC and try .In our case it worked

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can always find more detailed error messages in log files from BOE servers handling your operation. These details are not brought to front-end and so not displayed in Web Intelligence client because they could provide too much information about systems and security.

Here you should first look at logs from "Web Intelligence Processing Server" and "Adaptive Processing Server" hosting "DSL Bridge service", if there logging mechanism is configured at level 'unspecified' it will still output critical messages such as what you're looking for.

If this doesn't give enough data to find root cause and solution, then you will have to record an end-to-end trace with SAP Client Plugin, to activate logs at level high for your scenario. Afterwards you can open log files and analyze what is going on and if there are explanations about your situation.

You can refer to great blog from Ted Ueda about log analysis : http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-web-intelligence/blog/2014/09/24/end-to-end-trace-and-i...

Regards,

Loic