cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDE- Who defines the screens for mobile data entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am aware there a many posting about Mobile data Entry and setting up menus, profiles, barcode type to warehouse, etc based on IMG.

I am new to these and want to know if defining these type of steps in IMG for MDE Will SAP provide
the screens where the fields during the scanning of process?

or an abap guys is needed to define the screens that will display on RF device (gun)?

thanks

neo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please rephrase your line " Will SAP provide the screens where the fields during the scanning of process?"

In standard SAP according to standard RF T-code requirement all the screen are already maintainted under "SPRO---Logistic execution---MDE---Define screen management"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

I understand SAP allows to define screens in SPRO. my question was more on once these screens are defined and menus too how can transfer these to the RF device.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can connect the device with SAP native (ITS) your BASIS team can help to setup that. There are multiple thread available on SCN related to that, Have a look on the below also you can search with term "ITS Mobile"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

last question...

if I setup all the config, menus, screens etc

will I be able to test the transaction with menus, screens in SAP itself (this is without doing the ITS setup by the Basic team)?

thanks

neo

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can use that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LE consultant will define the RF menu options based on the business requirements (not ABAPer) standard configuration as mentioned above. Normally some customization is done for select transactions that will be placed in the menu, in that case ABAPer would do the customization and might possibly add the "Z" transactions in RF menu but for standard no APAPer is required to put in the configuration as SAP provides a list of commonly used transactions