Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM Authorizations With Netweaver Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SAP SRM 7.1 with netweaver portal.

When I customize / copy a portal role related to SRM content and a backend role, how do I map one to the other to ensure I can control the authorizations from the backend to this specific portal role?

Thanks,

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on your configuration. If portal UME is pointing to ABAP AS then ABAP appear as user groups in Portal. So attaching portal roles to these groups and then assigning ABAP roles to users will achieve also portal role assignment.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on your configuration. If portal UME is pointing to ABAP AS then ABAP appear as user groups in Portal. So attaching portal roles to these groups and then assigning ABAP roles to users will achieve also portal role assignment.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Martin!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have just been advised that the Portal UME points to MS Active Directory (LDAP) and not ABAP.

Do you have any inputs on how SRM authorizations from the backend can be used to control in this scenario?

Regards,

Avinash

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately, I am not aware of any simple way how to do this. In more complex landscapes as it's your case you would have a dedicated system that is responsible for provisioning users in all systems. So this system would assign all required roles in ABAP AS as well as in portal. I am talking about something like SAP Identity Management.

You could try to build some duct tape solution but in the end this does not usually pays off.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Avinash,

I knew few basic things in security aspect around SRM 7.0

SRM7.0 ehp1 can work with Portal /NWBC . If it is integrated with NWBC , Navigation and UI can be controlled with PFCG roles whereas the same should be controlled via portal roles in portal integration.

If it is portal , then you may work with portal team to design the custom portal roles.

Thanks,Krishna