Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.0 Auto provisioning failure

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Please could you assist me with this issue. The customer is testing provisioning composite roles through GRC AC 10.0 and is getting the below

error. The design is that PRIVs are added in IdM 7.2 to identities and provisioning occurs from GRC AC10.0.

All GRC AC access requests are set to be auto approved.

Please could you let me know what "Illegal destination type 'H'" in the below screenshot means and how it can be fixed to allow auto provisioning of composite roles from GRC AC. What config changes are required (if any)  for this?

Please advise.

Thanks

Ranjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All .... Please could someone assist with this issue.

Thanks

Ranjit

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

What is your target system?

Is it IDM system or different system?

Check you RFC Connection and Connection Type ... if it is working properly as this error is related to connection issue.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

The target is an Abap system. Provisioning single roles works perfectly to the same system. Is there any config settings required for provisioning composite roles?

Thanks

Ranjit

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Can you please share your RFC connector screenshot?

ABAP system connection type should be 3

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All sorry for my late response. Have been testing this further. On further testing I found that when the composite role name starts with Z it works perfectly and provisions the composite role to the user in the backend SAP system. However, if the composite role name starts with Y the role still provisions to the backend SAP system (because auto approval is on for all roles) but the GRC access request audit log status has "Decision Pending". Idm has status pending for the assignment. 

I looked at the SLG1 log in GRC and this is what I found

Does this mean that when Y* roles are used another RFC connection type is being used?

What can I check and change to make sure that Y* roles also provision the same as Z* roles?

Please advise.

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason for getting error is

The RFC connection you are using is HTTP connection to ABAP systems.

use connection type 3(connection to ABAP system as stated by Madhu babu earlier

Regards,

Prasant

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant

I understand what you are saying but what confuses me is that when a composite role which starts with Z is assigned to a user it works perfectly but if it is a role that starts with Y or C I get the RFC error I have provided. I thought it would be using the same RFC connection for both Z roles and Y roles. How does the system differentiate this? Where can I check to understand why the system uses a different RFC connection for Y roles? This will possibly help me fix the issue.

Sorry I am new to GRC 10.0 so I may be asking some basic questions. Please bear with me,

Thanks

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Why dont you just do a small and simple check.Check the Y roles in PRCG if they are generated properly.

Also If I am not wrong, you are using GRC only for provisioning purpose and you do not have BRM implemented in GRC, correct?

Regards,

Fazil

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fazil the Y role is a composite role. Yes GRC is only used for provisioning.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, i am not sure of you config, i would like few screenshots.

1) SM59.

2)rome details whether provision allowed or not for role which are not getting provision

3)Audit log

4)Provision settings.

Regards,

Prasant

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant

here it is. Please let me know if you need anything else.

1. Audit log of the Access request in GRC

2. From SLG1

3. Role provisioning setting. For testing purposes the role was created in Test system and imported into GRC.

4. SM59 connection to test system from GRC is

I also wanted to know if the following should be enabled for composite roles in config in GRC

There seems to be no naming convention for composite roles here.

Please advise. I'm new to GRC so all the questions.

Thanks

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

As I can see the Role Exists is NO in BRM( Point no 3 in your reply ). Could you please try to upload the role again and check if it changes to Yes and try again?

Regards,

Fazil

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

If  i assume correct you are trying to provision to QE SYSTEM .

could you please attach ST01 trace for RFC user in target system

connection type H is used for your IDM , but as you said GRC will be used for provision

Regards,

Prasant

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fazil

I'm provisioning only to QE1 where role exists.

Thanks

Ran

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant

Yes trying to provision to QE system. I checked the trace for the RFC users and there were no failures. Also the RFC user has SAP_ALL.

The funny thing is that although I get errors as noted in points 1 and 2 in my previous response above, GRC does provision the composite role to the backend SAP system (QE). But in IdM the assignment shows as pending.

I don't have this issue when provisioning roles starting with a "Z".

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Still struggling with this issue. Please could someone give me some tips.

Thanks

Ranjit