cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to Guide for Certifications in ME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a how-to guide or other document that covers how certifications work in ME?

My specific question is about the role of User Groups with respect to certifications.  The online help for Certification Maintenance says:

•Control which users can perform specific operations on the Assignment tab page.

That's all that I can find, and it is not specific enough to be useful.

Thanks,

Barry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Please, check SAP Note 1618564 - 'Not certified user can utilize a certified operation'. Let me cite a bit from it:

"The User Groups, which are specified on Enforcement tab in Certification Maintenance, appear as the default assigned User Groups in the User Certification Requirement Details window in Item Maintenance, Operation Maintenance, Resource Maintenance, and Customer Order Maintenance. Which means that the certification check will be performed against those User Groups only. Leaving User Groups field blank enforces all User Groups to the certification."

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex.  And this works if the user is a member of multiple groups, right?  So in the example in the SAP Note, if User1 is in BOTH UG1 and UG2, the certification requirement will be enforced.  Stated another way:  When the user's set of User Groups intersects with the set of User Groups on the User Certification Requirement Details window, then the certification requirement will be enforced.
I will try this out.

Regards,

Barry

0 Kudos

You are right, Barry.

Please, confirm your test results or let me know if any problem.

Br, Alex.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I recall - if a user is in a group that is assigned to a certification then its certification will be checked. If user's group is not in that list - system will not check the cert. It's a bit weird, but that's the logic in place. So if you want certification to be verified for all users - all user group should be assigned.

Regards,

Konstantin Chernega