Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver installation failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a new to NetWeaver .

Now i want to install NetWeaver platform on windows. My OS version is Windows XP Home Edition.

But i get the following message during the installing:

(Apr 10, 2007 11:59:33 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\sapdb\JP1\log.txt for details.

(Apr 10, 2007 11:59:33 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/DOCUME1/wuqiuguo/LOCALS1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

STACK_TRACE: 22

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/DOCUME1/wuqiuguo/LOCALS1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

at com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst.install(maxdb_call_sdbinst.java:193)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

can anyone tell me the reason and show me how to install it step by step?

Is there any precondition before installation?

if possible please send me some links.

thanks in advance.

qiuguo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wu,

As I reckon, The details are as follows,

Db : MaxDB

Now I assume that you are installing NW04. You would be getting all the relevant DVD's Including the MAXDB DVD of the version 7.5.39 i suppose. The pre-requisite of any NW04 installation is installation of jdk. SAP recomends to use 1.4.2_8 and above versions for WIN 32 bit and not 1.5. Now when you start installing the NW04 using Installation master, It prompts you to provide the MAXDB DVD's. YOu have to provide the necessary DVD's. Now when you start the installation and during the MAXDB installation step, the sdbinst is called. This is MAXDB's .exe file. This SDBINST will be located inside the folder structure of the MAXDB DVD's. The Installation master would be referring to keydb.xml and control.xml file for the relevant path location of sdbinst. Now an error may occur when the sdbinst is not available in the necessary location where the IM is searching, so make sure that your location of sdbinst is at the right place and even if this does not work try installing the DB first by invoking the SDBINST manually and then start of your NW04 installation.

I know its a lengthy explanation, but try executing it. IF not I'll explain it once again.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Mantosh

So appreciate for your response.

As you said , i deleted the invalid sevices about MAX DB in the regedit and restarted my computer and then i installed it successfully.

thank you very much.

qiuguo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing exactly the similar problem s you faced in installing SAP NW..with similar OS windows XP home edition (SP2).

I downloaded Package from https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads

Even I followed the similar steps ..but while executing SETUP.EXE.at 30% point it is giving error as similar to you exactly.I tried to folow the steps as you used..Can you explain clearly step by step.

For ur Ref error

(Oct 23, 2007 5:05:15 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:sapdbNSPlog.txt for details.

(Oct 23, 2007 5:05:15 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/DOCUME1/Alladi/LOCALS1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

STACK_TRACE: 22

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/DOCUME1/Alladi/LOCALS1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

at com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst.install(maxdb_call_sdbinst.java:193)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads----

technologies and download the MaxDB version you require.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Mantosh

I have read your reply carefully . i don't have MAXDB DVD'S beacuse i have downloaded the install files as an package from the link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads .

and i merely need to run the setup.exe then the wizard will show me step by step. so i don't need to care about the DB installation, the jdk installtion. However , it comes to an error breaking the installation,but the MAXDB installed successly. Regretfully i didn't back up the error log file. Then i uninstalled the MAXDB and deleted the relative information in the regedit. I tried another time to install the NW then i met the error as above.

So appreciate for your response.

thanks.

qiuguo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Mantosh

i didn't install my MAXDB properly so i uninstall it.Now i have an integration package including MAXDB, J2EE environment and Net Weaver Studio.

But now i cann't install it on my computer , breaking by the message above. I have tried it for many times.Maybe some information have been writen in the register, but i don't know how to solve this problem.

Thank you for your response and i expect more.

qiuguo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

It's for sure that the path where it's looking for the sdbinst, it's not available.

Go to the services.msc through run and see the services related to the database(masdb).

To all the relevant services right click and navigate to the properties. There you can see as to how and where this service is registered in the windows directory.

From there copy that path and then search it in regedit again through the windows run.

It will take you to the required place. From there you can delete all the services which are useless.

It should work for new instances.

The point is that the maxdb should be installed properly.

If still problems then the external installation of the maxdb datsbase needs to be taken care of.

reward with points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you installed your database properly. Is it working properly.

Error has occured during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. So ensure that first. Also once you do the istallation ensure your data log files and log files are adjusted properly.

reward suitable points.