Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG new entity type and deep-copy configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem in MDG Supplier.

I have created new entity type ZSOLIC in BP model.

I have done a deep copy to the configuration name BS_OVP_SP  and I have changed in customizing these points:

Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Custom Definition

Configure Properties of Change Request Step

I generate specific data model structure and execute program USMD_DATA_MODEL.

I create a new configuration id ZO_BS_BP_DATOS for FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2. This new configuration include attributes the to new entity ZSOLIC.

Add new configuration in compositte UIBB.

When create new supplier I appear the new fields of the entity but all new fields are blocked.

Could yo explain me how I can do editable the attributes of the new entity?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now when create new supplier I appear the new fields of the entity but all new fields aren't  blocked. But this fields are obligatory and the values doesn't save in table Z ( table associated with the model).

How can I do it?

I've created wiring connection between ZO_BS_BP_DATOS and BP_BS_ROOT.

And other conexion in component composite between ZO_BS_BP_DATOS and BS_BP_DETAILS.

Also created enhacement in transaction GENIL_BROWSER_MODEL.

Here I've created a dependent object and relation with root_object.

The attributs of the depent object (ZOLIC) have attribute propiety Changeable.

When I create a new supplier on the screen appear the new attributes editables. But the new attributes are obligatory and diplay a error message. I need the attributes are optional.

Thanks!

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are the attributes marked as Required in your data model? Perhaps if those are new entities you chose the wrong Cardinality or if they are simple attributes you have the Required checkbox on..?

If you have BRF+ rules, you might be facing an inconsistency after the model changes. You should run the USMD_ADAPT_BRF program to fix that. It may be the reason for having entries that disappear after being entered in the UI.

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a relations and the message doens't appear. Now when I create a change request the new fields are saved in the active area of the change request. Could the new fields save in database of MDG? Where are it saved in MDG?

Thanks!

Regards

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This document should give you enough information on how to extend the data model with a new entity type (node).

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31885

The saving of the data is done in your handler class.

Regards,

Boris

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all, it is not recommended to deep-copy the predefined UIs. Your use case of adding a new entity type to the existing ones does not require a deep-copy. For extending the standard, refer to the related extensibility guides at "http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858".

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed guide Extend MDG-S/MDG-C Data Model by a New entity type (Felx option), but fiels appear blocked.

I add a new UIBB ZO_BS_BP_DATOS in BS_BP_DETAILS_CU (UIBB composite).

What I add in the Wire shema tab ?

In new UIBB ZO_BS_BP_DATOS Iuse the feeder class CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_FORM, is that correct?

Thanks

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You probably need to copy the communicator configuration as well and link it to this one, otherwise it would be read-only and you'll have no action buttons for the process.

You need to also do the wiring...

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've resolved whit wiring.

Thanks!