cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scenario to send an email for successful messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is requirement like a file to file  pass- through scenario has to be developed in SAP PI .

When ever there is file in source directory same has to be moved to target directory.once the file is successfully moved we have to send a mail to xxx@gmail.com.The scenario involves only configuration objects.

Please help me in developing the scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please check my answer in below thread.

You can do this by using maintain order at run time option in interface determination like below then PI will send the mail if the file successfully delivered otherwise mail message will be in waiting status (If the file failed for some reason). I have implemented this in my project and it works pretty well.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Could you please elaborate your solution.

1.first step is to create File to File passthrough scenario

2.In Interface determination from where you got the Operation mapping.

Please let me know the steps to trigger an email for successful message movement after creation of file to file passthrough scenario

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

1. Create you file to file without mapping
  2. If you are using integrated configuration in the Receiver Interfaces tab add one more receiver interface for sending the mail and mark the check box Maintain Order at Runtime, then from there onwards PI will use EOIO for these two messages, The first file message successful then only the second mail message will sent out, if the file message failed for some reason the mail message will wait in a queue until the first message reach its final status. If you don’t want to do the mapping for sending the mail then you just create another communication channel for mail and use below parameters.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks a lot for elaborating the solution.

I am using PI 7.0 version.So cannot create Integrated configuration.And we are not creating mapping for sending mail.

So including the 2 dummy interfaces(one for file to file scenario and other for file to mail scenario) in interface determination ,and checking Maintain order at runtime and creating receiver mail communication channel with the above parameters will be sufficient?

Thanks,

Ramya

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

You can use the same set up for normal classic scenario also, yes you can go ahead and implement the scenario.

Regards,

Praveen.

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have the same requirement and I have configured my ICO to send the email (Maintain order at runtime) the problem is system is sending Payload as an attachment to the email. Do you know how to remove the attachment? I have unchecked the keep attachment checkbox however its still sending the attachments.

Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nishant Chavan

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

If you want to handle this requirement with PI, then you need to go with BPM solution. Use Transport acknowledgement which you receive after moving the file successfully to the landing zone and then trigger Email.

Have a look:

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer the thread - you cna try OS command option by executing batch file