cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM finishes when reaching exception in loop block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we got a loop block in BMP. In the loop block we catch mapping errors by using an exception branch.

What we can see is that when an exception is thrown the process steps into the exception branch an than is leaving the loop block!! So the remaining single messages are not processed!

Is there a workaround?

Regards Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

See the below link , some thing related to this , check

Reconciliation of Messages in BPM - /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

Can you please let me know , if it is not related.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

unfortunately that is no workaround. We do have a <b>loop block</b>.

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

I had seen a similar question being posted long time back once on the forum. Have not been able to locate the thread , but, if i remember that corrct , the conclusion in that thread was that this is how the Loop plus block plus exception handler works in the BPM.

As a workaround, the loop counter was made a process variable and if the exception block was triggered then insde the exception block once again the loop was started with the correspodning counter .

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Have you used the local correlation for block step.

Can you please give steps you used in BPM, also try to see the below threads

also,

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chilla,

-- What is the user of Block Step in BPM

-- BPM Block Step

--BPM: Block Processing: ParForEach

-- BPM Par for each

-- Doubt in BPM

Can you let us know how these threads are relevant to this question? The problem here is clear enough and the links are not related to the question at all.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

why do you send this links? They are not concerning my problem.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

the counter seems to be an approach. But I think not practicable.

When the BPM steps into the exception branch no other message may not throw an second exception.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

what do you think about my following idea:

I make two BPMs

1) SPLIT-BPM:

1.1) Receives the <multiline>-messages and makes the message-split

1.2) Sends the single message to second, called: SINGLE-BPM

2.2) SINGLE-BPM makes the remaining processing including error handling

--> So, if an error is thrown this happens in SINGLE-BPM. The exception branches gives response message back to SPLIT-BPM --> SPLIT-BPM will <b>not</b> terminate

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

Excellent logic If i had posted this question I would have given you a ten on ten.

As long as there is no correaltion between the split messages I dont think there will be any issues at all. Only issue -

What happens if inside the loop in the Send Step ( i.e when the message is being sent from BPM1 to BPM 2 ) the send step errors out? We are keft with the same old problem..! But, I would still ask you to go ahead with this solution of yours , if nobody can provide a direct solution to your actual probelm.

Am watching this thread and so hopefully someone does have the solution to this problem actually.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

thank you for the compliment

<What happens if inside the loop in the Send Step ( i.e when the message is being sent from BPM1 to BPM 2 ) the send step errors out? >

--> I guess this error will never occur as BPM an ID reside on the ABAP stack.

We will now evaluate my idea.

Regards Mario