Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of Multitenant Database

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed a multitenant environment.Do we have any script like "single Databse" to run the backup?

I tried using below command

hdbsql -n hostname -i 00 -u SYSTEM -p <PASSWORD> -d <DBSID> "BACKUP DATA <DBSID> USING FILE ('/hana/backup/data/COMPLETE')"

But this does not seem to be working.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bojan-lv-85
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mofizur,

you have to use the new syntax for multi-db instances. Please follow the steps in section

"4.2.5.8.2 Perform a Complete Data Backup (SQL Statements)" from the HANA Administration Guide.

BR, Bojan

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bojan,

If I use below command it is working fine.

<host>:/usr/sap/HD1/HDB00> hdbsql -U DB5 "BACKUP DATA USING FILE ('FRIDAY')"

0 rows affected (overall time 537.613023 sec; server time 537.610090 sec)

<host>:/usr/sap/HD1/HDB00>

But I tried to use the SAP provided script for Single DB here and I am getting below error.I have checked the permission and they are looking good.Anything special that I have to change for multi DB?

<host>:/usr/sap/HD1/HDB00> hdbsql -U DB5 "BACKUP DATA USING FILE ('/hana/backup/data/backup_HD1_Fri')"

* 447: backup could not be completed: [71000007] Invalid absolute path to file SQLSTATE: HY000

From Script:-->

Backup will start in 20 seconds.

Press CTRL+C to prevent running backup.

Time up, starting backup

* 447: backup could not be completed: [71000007] Invalid absolute path to file SQLSTATE: HY000

du: cannot access `/hana/backup/data/backup_HD1_Fri_databackup_*': No such file or directory

du: cannot access `/hana/backup/data/backup_HD1_Fri_databackup_*': No such file or directory

<host>:/hana/backup>

<host>:/usr/sap/HD1/HDB00> ls -ltr /hana/backup

total 15882116

drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root         16384 Mar  3 14:18 lost+found

-rwxrwxrwx 1 hd1adm sapsys       48204 Mar  6 02:11 backup.sh

drwxrwxrwx 2 hd1adm sapsys        4096 Mar  6 02:28 data

-rwxrwxrwx 1 hd1adm sapsys        4096 Mar  6 05:47 backup_config_template.cfg

drwxrwxrwx 3 hd1adm sapsys        4096 Mar  6 05:59 config_files

Tried with below option as well

<host>:/usr/sap/HD1/HDB00/<host>/trace> hdbsql -U DB5 "BACKUP DATA FOR HD1 USING FILE ('/hana/backup/data/backup_HD1_Fri')"

* 447: backup could not be completed: [71000007] Invalid options FULL SYSTEM / FOR DATABASE (only on SYSTEMDB) SQLSTATE: HY000

<host>:/usr/sap/HD1/HDB00/<host>/trace>

Any Idea please..

Thanks,

Mofizur

Message was edited by: M. RAHAMAN

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any help on this please..

Thanks,

Mofizur

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what is unclear in this case:

the first error message

"hdbsql -U DB5 "BACKUP DATA USING FILE ('/hana/backup/data/backup_HD1_Fri')

* 447: backup could not be completed: [71000007] Invalid absolute path to file SQLSTATE: HY000"

literally tells you that the absolute file path used here is invalid.  So, you will have to change this path.

The second error message is about the usage of the new syntax "BACKUP DATA FOR <DBSID>".

This syntax can only be used when you're connected to the system DB.

As long as you're logged on to a tenant DB you cannot trigger backups for any other DB.

- Lars

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

I have two multi-tenants running ECC and SCM. I was getting the same error message when I tried to run the backups from DB13. No amount of changing paths or permissions would stop the 'Invalid absolute path state' message, so I ran the the following scripts (one for ECC and one for SCM) from the systemDB :

hdbsql -u SYSTEM -p password -n hostname:30013 "BACKUP DA

TA FOR DEV USING FILE ('/usr/sap/DEV/HDB00/backup/data/DB_DEV/COMPLETE_DATA_BACK

UP')"

hdbsql -u SYSTEM -p password -n hostname:30013 "BACKUP DA

TA FOR SCD USING FILE ('/usr/sap/DEV/HDB00/backup/data/DB_SCD/COMPLETE_DATA_BACK

UP')"

I had to schedule them via cron. It would be nice to see when SAP are going to sort this 'feature' out.

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

(that reply should've been to the original post, Lars. Not directly to you!)