cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Problem Service Interface Async cannot be overwritten with Sync Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We're having this weird problem with SAP PO 7.4 single stack. All objects are transported (CTS and File transports were used) successfully except for this Service Interface "change in modes". Basically the only problem is that on SAP PO ESR, the service interface was set to Async mode while on its WSDL it was Sync. If the Integrated Configuration's WSDL was loaded to SOAP UI, it also indicates that SAP PI's interface was Sync. Is there any way to correct this without manually updating the Service Interface in ESR? Please advise, thank you Guys!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Genica,

Make sure quality of service in sender communication channel not set to Best Effort.

If the channel quality of service is right then check this note.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for your response but the communication channel is now set to Sync (best effort) and also I wanted the Async Service Interface(SI) to be a Sync SI. I'm having problems with the service interface cause its already in Sync Mode but after transport, it was Async Mode in ESR.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Genica

I noticed the same behavior on our PO 7.4 SP08 system. However, even though the ESR definition in the UAT environment was changed to Async, it does not cause any issues during runtime. Also the generated sync proxies are still shown as sync in the ECC UAT system.

As such, I did not bother looking into it at that time (had other matters of more importance on my plate.) All my ESR and iFlow objects are created from Dev and transported to UAT, so everything worked fine.

Saying that, I might ask my Basis colleague to look into patching it according to the note, more for consistency purposes.

If your WSDL is generating correctly as Sync, then I think it should work correctly. Did you actually try running the scenario and just ignoring the fact that ESR is showing Async? Are you getting any errors?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it works as a Sync interface, the functional part of the interface is working well. We might also apply the patch update for this as suggested by Sateesh Nagabhiru

• Yes, this is bug in PI, you should implement the either one of SAP note SAP note 2044935 or 2038434 .

I'll update this thread after applying the patch / any other solution for this problem.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, please do update this thread with your results.

I checked out note 2038434 that you mentioned and it did confirm that our current patch level 7.4 SP08 P0 does not have the fix yet. Thanks for that!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is now solved by applying the patch upgrade for SAP PI. We're currently using version 8 patch 0 and now its upgraded to patch 1.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geneca

Thanks for updating the thread. Just a question. After applying the patch, does it fix the mode for interfaces already imported? Or do you have to reimport the interfaces so that the mode is shown correctly?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

It requires re-transport of the latest Service Interfaces. In our case, we did a dummy change to the Service Interface (add space to description) cause it does not overwrite the Service Interface with older change history.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great, thanks for the clarification!

Answers (0)