Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:STD Business Events not Triggering in SAP

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a problem in my quality system that standard business events are not getting triggered.

How can i rectify this?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Karthik.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Private_Member_46505
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

First thing in Workflows is SWU3 .

Normally we refer it as ABC Rule of Workflows

A-Automatic Settings & Activation of Workflows

B-Binding

C-Start Conditions

So if SWU3/Automatic settings is the first step you should take care in all systems.

In your case just call basis & get the user id WF-Batch unlocked & validate password.

To make sure you can execute SM59 and check Autorization Test for that RFC connection

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks For all your suggestions.

The issue has been resolved.

Thanks!

Karthik.S

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That's good to hear but HOW was it resolved? If someone in the future gets the same problem, searches SCN and finds this thread, what would you tell them so they can resolve it too?

After you have done that please mark any helpful and/or correct answers to close the thread.

regards

Rick Bakker

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not ever any standard/custom business objects events are getting triggered in the Quality system where as in development system its getting triggered where we are doing transactions like Purchase order creation/Work Order Creation etc.

When i checked in SWU3, in development system its showing the RFC Destination Info as

Background user for logical RFC destination = WF-BATCH where as in quality its shows RFC User Is Locked or Invalid.

I thing because of this its not getting triggered.

Please suggest.

Thanks!

Karthik.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unlock user WF-BATCH in SU01.

Also run again the RFC user part in SWU3. Get it into "green status".

Regards,

Karri

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct. Just execute auto customising in swu3 to resolve this issue. If you have authorisation issue contact basis or security

regards

sandy

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this point it is safe to assume that someone decided to create the WF-BATCH user using unorthodox methods.

Check that there is also a SM59 RFC called WORKFLOW_LOCAL_XXX where XXX are the clients.

Or better yet, just delete the WF-BATCH user, log in with a user with SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW and belonging to user group SUPER and then execute SWU3 activity Configure RFC destination.

That is the correct way of creating the workflow user and other technical parts needed to use workflows.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

apart from helpful tips by other refer to links below for detailed explanation of SWU3 configuration

Regards

sandy

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the standard business event is getting triggered in DEV system and not getting triggered in quality then this could be due to

• Authorisation issues with user executing standard transaction or program that triggers the event
  • if this event is linked to change documents then check the SWDC transaction settings in Dev and quality systems
  • EVent might be standard but it can get triggered  via BaPi from badi or enhancement which might be inactive in quality
  • check transaction swu3 to see if the Rfc destination is maintained.

Regards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the event that should be triggered? What do you do (create/change some object etc.) in the system, when you expect the event to be triggered?

Does it get triggered in development/production system?

Regards,

Karri

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure? Do you have the event trace (SWEL) turned on (via SWELS)?

Are custom events being created?

regards

Rick Bakker