Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs found under PI RFC User for Report RBDAPP01

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

today I have seen the first time jobs in my ERP System where PI has sent IDOCs to it. The Jobname is a IDOC Number it has one step to execute RBDAPP01 with sometimes one sometimes 2-3 IDOCs.

This only happens sometimes. In my system I have:

24.02. round 09:30-09:40 about 50 Jobs

25.02./26.2./2.3./3.3. on each day about 1-3 jobs

4.3./5.3. about 20 jobs each day.

So it's not for all incoming IDOCs, only under certain circumstances. Can someone explain which circumstances let the IDOC inbound process creates jobs instead of immedeate input?

Regards

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant

Hi all,

Job gave a good hint to find the correct solution. The status 66 was not recorded, but I found in the status records the program that is responsible for my behavior in LEDINF05.

The system is calling the FM TH_ARFC_LOCAL_RESOURCES to check if there are enough processes to fulfill the IDOC post, if there are 0 tasks available and tedef-routid eq 'BATCHJOB' the batch jobs are created by the system.

Regards

Helmut

rommix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,
Thanks for the hint. We also tried to understand why in some cases incoming IDOCs processed without background jobs and sometimes SAP creates automatically jobs with names equal to some IDOC number (first IDOC from the package it's processing). I can understand now that there were not enough DIA processes to work on IDOC posts. Only in that case background jobs were scheduled automatically.

In our case IDOCs are sent to ERP from PI system which in turn generates those IDOCs from incoming file (after transformation and mapping). We noticed the following:

- Those "auto" backgrounds are triggered in case we supply many files at once as input to PI. I think PI creates separate RFC connection for each processed small file and hence many connections occupy many DIA processes in ERP - /SDF/MON shows high DIA utiliztion. IDOC has status 64 twice on ERP side in this case (first with program SAPLEDIR / subroutine IDOC_STATUS_64OR65_SET, second program LEDINf05).

- There are no background IDOC processing in case we put single big file for PI . Then all generated IDOCs are sent in single connection via RFC to ERP which doesn't utilize many DIA processes in ERP. IDOC has status 64 only once in that case (program SAPLEDIR / subroutine IDOC_STATUS_64OR65_SET):

Regards,

Roman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morgen Helmut,

if I have a look at the report info I read:

Report for processing inbound IDocs not passed to the application immediately.

This report forwards all IDocs with:
Status 64 "ready to be passed to application"
Status 66 "IDoc is waiting for predecessor IDoc (serialization)

In your case it can only be Status 66 and thus the cause is serialization.

regards,

Job

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am wondering about this problem again today. Basis team informed me about a problem with the number ranges to be allocated and with the analyse, I have seen again in this timeframe entries in SM37:

Has someone an idea when this happens? The IDOC settings are "process immedeatly" and all messages are comming from a PI system.

Regards

Helmut

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut

The variant for the job begins with & which indicates that the job is created dynamically rather from a scheduled job.

Can you check in the partner profile if the IDoc is processed by a standard function module or a customized one?

If it is a customized one, my guess would be there is some logic there that creates the jobs dynamically.

Regards

Eng Swee

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

it's exactly the point. It's the SAP Standard Function Module, and I want to understand where SAP Standard is creating the Jobs. I am sure, it's nothing we have implemented.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer below Wiki post and check the variants selected for the report scheduled

What happens when a batch job running report RBDAPP01 cannot process an IDoc - ABAP Connectivity - S...

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have not scheduled a job for those kind of IDOCs. They suppose to be imported immedeatly. But why do we have a batch job in some cases?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can verify the corresponding partner profile to see if the processing is "Trigger Immediately" or "Trigger by background job"

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have setup Partner Profile with "Trigger immedeately" but even in some cases a Job will be created automatically to post single IDOCs. But why?