Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access restriction for business objects in same solution

Rudhra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Requirement: I have one single solution with 4 modules. 1 module is common and other 3 are industry specific. When i roll it out to a customer, i what restrictions on Business Objects. So that i can roll out single or combination of modules as per requirement.

Hence the configuration requirement would be  as follows:

1.    We need one core configuration for the entire solution which will have the Common Scope part included in it.
  2.    We need industry wise configuration ( could be business configuration )
  3.    Script level screen restriction.

We tried creating a BAC element with Business Topic and Business Options and tried to link BO's to it.  But we are finding a problem with this solution, even a user will be able to change the configuration and get access to a module which he didn't pay for.

Regards,

Rudhra Udayakumar

rudhra.udayakumar@erplogic.net

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rudhra,

If the switches are in the BC every user with access to the BC can switch the modules on and off.

As we do not support the interaction / referenceing between different solutions (at least not in the near future ) you need to put all you need in one solution.

I understand that you want to make a reuse of the Common module somehow.

My suggestion would be

• Develop the Common in a Solution Template
  • Develop each industry specific in an own solution
  • (Re-)Deploy the Common Solution Template to each of the industry specific solutions

You can then sell the industry specific solution one by one and have only one development source for the Common module.

HTH,

Horst

Rudhra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for your replay,

Creating industry specific solution separately would not solve the problem,

eventually if we need to provide combination of industry solution, two solution would not able to interact with each other.

So we need to address the variety of solution using some configuration setup which i am not aware of

Regards,

Rudhra udayakumar

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rudhra,

Interaction between solution is only possible via the detour "WebService".

Not nice, not performant, but it works.

Have a look here "Simulate an instance attribute and share the value between bo and solutions"

HTH,

Horst